Highlighted

Any way to automatically add a css rule to external stylesheet from selected element in html editor?

Explorer ,
May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way to select an element in the html editor (either an html element like a div, or an id or class) and have the program add an empty css rule to an attached external css file?

I can select elements using the "breadcrumbs" at the bottom of the editor window and they show in the Properties window, but there's no option to "create a rule for this [class or id or element] in my attached stylesheet."

I've seen instructions in the official help to open the "CSS Styles" window, but I have no option for a window of that name, only the "CSS Designer" window, which does not have any such functionality.

It seems like this would be useful instead of having to manually type all the selectors I want into my css file, but I can't figure out how to do it if it's even possible.

This is Dreamweaver 20.1 on Windows 10.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Any way to automatically add a css rule to external stylesheet from selected element in html editor?

Explorer ,
May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way to select an element in the html editor (either an html element like a div, or an id or class) and have the program add an empty css rule to an attached external css file?

I can select elements using the "breadcrumbs" at the bottom of the editor window and they show in the Properties window, but there's no option to "create a rule for this [class or id or element] in my attached stylesheet."

I've seen instructions in the official help to open the "CSS Styles" window, but I have no option for a window of that name, only the "CSS Designer" window, which does not have any such functionality.

It seems like this would be useful instead of having to manually type all the selectors I want into my css file, but I can't figure out how to do it if it's even possible.

This is Dreamweaver 20.1 on Windows 10.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 15, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CSS Designer Panels replaced the old Style editor a long time ago.  A lot has changed since Dreamweaver was rebuilt in 2017.  It's important to look for modern tutorials for modern DW versions.  Reading old tutorials won't be much help to you.

https://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/using/css-designer.html

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 16, 2020 1