Highlighted

Apply Source Formatting To Selection

New Here ,
May 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does "Apply Source Formatting To Selection" option work for anyone? I have never been anble to get theis to work, "Apply Source Formatting" works fine.

I'm "selecting" the code I want to format and then clicking "Apply Source Formatting To Selection" but nothing happens, am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

David

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by BenPleysier | Adobe Community Professional

I had to find the command first, it used to be under Commands.

To answer your question, yes it does work.

Select the code to be formatted and go to Edit > Code > Apply Source Formatting To Selection

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Apply Source Formatting To Selection

New Here ,
May 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does "Apply Source Formatting To Selection" option work for anyone? I have never been anble to get theis to work, "Apply Source Formatting" works fine.

I'm "selecting" the code I want to format and then clicking "Apply Source Formatting To Selection" but nothing happens, am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

David

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by BenPleysier | Adobe Community Professional

Select the code to be formatted and go to Edit > Code > Apply Source Formatting To Selection

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 23, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Dreamweaver?

Ben

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 23, 2018 0
New Here ,
May 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most up to date version of Dreamweaver CC

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 23, 2018 0
May 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What file type are you working in (.html, .asp, .php, etc)?
What parts of the code are selected (<body> tag and content, random html content, <head> css, etc)?
Are there any html or css errors in your code (go to File > Validate > Validate Current Document (W3C) for a listing)

For me, depending on what I select in the page, it...

A. Works correctly (per my tag library settings)
B. Won't show "Apply Source Formatting to Selection" as an option (grayed out)
C. Ignores what I'm asking it to do, and format all code near the selection
D. Won't do anything (on a page with major structural errors)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 23, 2018 1
May 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ben

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 23, 2018 1
New Here ,
May 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Usually just HTML or CSS. I have the exact same issue as you listed Jon:

A. Works correctly (per my tag library settings)

B. Won't show "Apply Source Formatting to Selection" as an option (grayed out)

C. Ignores what I'm asking it to do, and format all code near the selection

D. Won't do anything (on a page with major structural errors)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 25, 2018 0
May 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's one of the myriad of reasons I still use CC2015.

Once they clear up all of the bugs introduced when they ported Brackets into DW, I'll update. Until then I'm happy using the older software for production.

As a paid subscriber, you have access to all major releases of DW since CC started, and all of them can be installed on the same machines at the same time under the single subscription. They won't run concurrently, but it allows you to have a functional program while work continues on the latest version.

If you're interested in running an older version, all you need to do is open the CC Desktop App, click the Apps tab then the little triangle next to DW's icon. Choose "Other Versions" and pick the one you want to install. CC2015 is the last version of DW with the original code view interface.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 25, 2018 0