• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Apply source formatting to the php pages, strange behaviour

Engaged ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to apply the source formatting to the php pages, the code show indent and spaces not necessary.

Instead if I use the same process on a html page, the source code is formatted correctly.

Is a bug or Dreamweaver (Adobe) consider PHP code in a different way?

2017-11-13_10-56-43.png

PHP page (source formatting wrong):

2017-11-13_10-53-53.png

HTML page (source formatting correct)

2017-11-13_10-52-23.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 06, 2019 Apr 06, 2019

Hi All,

We are happy to inform you we have further stabilized the PHP source formatting issues in our latest prerelease drop 15081.

Please give it a try and share your feedback.

Let us know if it fixes your issues.

Please find the prerelease invite link Adobe Prerelease

Thanks

Dreamweaver Team

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually I prefer the source formatting for html files that you show for php files.

Which just goes to prove that everyone is different, and no matter what they do, they will not please everyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but I'd like an uniform behaviour (always that Dreamweaver is still considered a professional editor).

This post is to understand if these different behaviours are wanted or not by Adobe.

Can anyone in the Technical Staff answer/reply me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Users have complained about the different source formatting in Dw since the Brackets code editor was incorporated into it in Dw 2017, and no one has said why it works that way. Maybe it has to do with Brackets being open source, and each contributor implementing the feature(s) how they want, without a standard being imposed.

I don't think anyone from the Dw dev team will answer why, (at least they have not so far). The 'standard' stock answer has become a, 'if you do not like it use Dw2015'. Which sort of defeats the purpose of paying for newer features, if you must switch versions to use them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pziecina  ha scritto

The 'standard' stock answer has become a, 'if you do not like it use Dw2015'. Which sort of defeats the purpose of paying for newer features, if you must switch versions to use them.

... sounds really bad for the future of this software.

At this point, if your opinions/observations are correct we can cancel the CC subscription and install the old CS6 version if Adobe develops only for its own/personal/internal use, without listening to customer/market needs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm saying nothing.

But, CS6 is a good option if you do not use or like what CC is offering and many people will agree with that statement.

You could keep an eye on -

https://blog.wappler.io

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm testing Wappler as a beta user from several weeks and I confirm you that it could be a good alternative to Dreamweaver but... unfortunately it is still a long way from being a stable programme (I think we are still in a "Alpha version" phase) but in the next months maybe we could be close to the target... kill Dreamweaver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

-Michele  wrote

but in the next months maybe we could be close to the target... kill Dreamweaver

I don't think Adobe will require any help from anyone to do that. They appear to be deliberately doing it themselves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

-Michele  wrote

Yes, but I'd like an uniform behaviour (always that Dreamweaver is still considered a professional editor).

Not sure by who its considered professional. My observations would confirm the opposite otherwise professionals would I'm sure come up with the few bucks a year it costs to run, so I am positive that's not the reason. It must be for other reasons professionals are staying away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the key would be to allow us to set code formatting preference by language, and per project.... I'm involved in project with different team, some want to use TAB others space, and so on....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the heads up... I've added some notes....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

-Michele  wrote

Today someone from Adobe labeled it as "Started work"

The question is, which type of source formatting will they apply?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm curious if there has been any improvement on the "bugs" that "apply source formatting" introduces to php code?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think some issues have been fixed with PHP and the format source code tool, but I still see spaces added and some weird things happening from time to time when formatting PHP files. I would use with caution i.e. create a copy of the page before using the format source code option if I were you.

Paul-M - Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, absolutely no progress.

Adobe usually release only two updates yearly (March and June/July) before of the major upgrade (that correspond autumn of each year, Adobe Max), so we need to wait a lot of time (always that they are working about it).

The only workaround for me is to switch to the previous version 2015 (the last stable version of Dreamweaver).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 01, 2019 Mar 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We are happy to inform you we have addressed a couple of PHP source formatting issues in our latest pre release drop 15073.

Please find the pre release invite link Adobe Prerelease

Thanks

Dreamweaver Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not going to speak for everybody but the issues I was aware off seem to be fixed now in the pre release (15073) ...

They were:

1) Non-breaking spaces and line breaks added in PHP code in some instances when using the 'format source code' tool

2) Minor issues with settings in tag libraries not being obeyed when using 'format source code' tool

Thanks ....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 06, 2019 Apr 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We are happy to inform you we have further stabilized the PHP source formatting issues in our latest prerelease drop 15081.

Please find the prerelease invite link Adobe Prerelease

Thanks

Dreamweaver Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 07, 2019 Apr 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Can we have some speceifics on the PHP formatting fixes, when you say 'further stabilized' what exactly been fixed? I can see anything listed on the eprereelease page?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 07, 2019 Apr 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul_M,

In our last prerelesae drop 15073, we have fixed a couple of PHP code formatting issues.

List of fixed issues:

You can also refer to Build 15073 announcement page, for the list of user reported issues fixed for PHP code formatting:

https://forums.adobeprerelease.com/dwalpha/discussion/393/dreamweaver-build-15073-is-now-available#l...

Currently, we are working on this feature to address the stability issues reported by our users.

In our latest prerelease drop 15081, we have fixed below mentioned bugs:

1) Code formatting was not working for a selection in a PHP file

2) Line breaks option was automatically changing for Php tags on in Tag Library editor, on clicking on another tags

3) In Tag Library , the preview was appearing incorrectly for a value selected in "line break option".

Please try out the build and share your feedback.

Thanks

Dreamweaver Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 11, 2019 Apr 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 24, 2019 Apr 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

we are happy to inform you that we have fixed a couple of bugs in our latest Prerelease drop 20.0.0.15092.
Please give it a try and let us know if your issue is fixed and share your feedback.

Prerelease Invite link:
https://www.adobeprerelease.com/beta/9EB451B5-D2E8-46E5-AFA2-78C85442FFA2/participate/DD4E B148-308D...

Regards
Dreamweaver Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 17, 2019 Jun 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

we are happy to inform you that this bug is fixed in our latest release 19.2.0.11274 which can be downloaded from creative cloud.

Please give it a try and let us know if your issue is fixed and share your feedback.

Regards

Dreamweaver Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines