• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

async error displayed in Output; How do I get rid of it?

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2017 Sep 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An error is displayed in Output stating that async needs a value, which isn't true. Async can be used by itself. How do I get rid of this error. I looked under Preferences > Linting for CSS, HTML, and JS, but I could not find anything regarding this error. Ditto for itemscope and defer needing a value.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 17, 2017 Sep 17, 2017

Ignore the errors. Such false positive errors are why i, (and a number of others i know) turn linting off.

linting may be updated in the next release of Dw, as it is outdated in its recognition of modern html/css and javascript.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ignore the errors. Such false positive errors are why i, (and a number of others i know) turn linting off.

linting may be updated in the next release of Dw, as it is outdated in its recognition of modern html/css and javascript.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ignore it.  Or you can disable code Linting in Preferences.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 19, 2017 Sep 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As Paula mentions, the Linter built into DW is less than ideal. It doesn't show just errors, it also shows random items its developers considered to be errors or code inconsistencies.

Turning it off and using an online html validator when you preview in browser is a valid (I would say better) option.

However, you can turn off that particular error alone (and keep other error notices) by following these steps...

1. Go to Edit > Preferences > Linting
2. Click HTML to highlight it
3. Click Edit & Apply changes
4. On line 8 turn the "attr-value-not-empty" setting to false
5. Save and close the file

One side effect of doing this is all attributes will then be allowed to be "valueless" without getting an error notice from the line numbers in DWs Code View.

If you use the Validation tool under the File > Validate > Current Document (W3C), or online at http://validator.w3.org/nu, any true "empty attribute error" will still be picked up though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines