• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

background color

Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is my first time to build a website using the fluid grid layout on Dreamweaver CS6.

I am trying to get rid of the white space between ads so that the background color is solid sand color behind the entire width of the page, but...the ads are contained in separate div tags so that I can place them in a different location on the mobile layout. Is there a way for me to do this?
Thank you,

Rachel

adbar.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Put the background-color on your .fluid-container class instead of the Layout Divs.

I'm not a big fan of legacy Fluid Grid Layouts.  They were removed from DW CC for a reason.  They layouts are very temperamental to work with.  DO NOT EDIT the layout CSS code.  Use a separate external stylesheet for custom CSS.   If you break it, you can always revert out of it.

Nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

without code it's a bit complex to give a pertinent answer...

first try... try to give a transparent color background to you div ads container

div.if_you_have_a_class_adress_to_them {

background-color:transparent;

}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Put the background-color on your .fluid-container class instead of the Layout Divs.

I'm not a big fan of legacy Fluid Grid Layouts.  They were removed from DW CC for a reason.  They layouts are very temperamental to work with.  DO NOT EDIT the layout CSS code.  Use a separate external stylesheet for custom CSS.   If you break it, you can always revert out of it.

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your preferred alternative to fluid grid layouts if you need a website that will work on all platforms.  I don't have any coding knowledge - just have kind of learned dreamweaver along the way....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Bootstrap's responsive framework and I mainly work in Code View.  A good  understanding of Bootstrap's built-in  CSS classes and its 12-box grid system are essential. 

Bootstrap 3 Tutorial

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much Nancy, I'll have a look at the tutorials.  I appreciate your advice!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines