Highlighted

Basic Dreamweaver Questions (Working with template site)

Participant ,
Feb 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone.

The page in questions is: Touch The Universe Productions - Audio Label and Sound Design - Hive Sound Bank - Goa Trance, Progre...

I can't seem to add a bullet point list like this

• Soundsets
  • Loops
  • Wave Files

I select text, right click, and select and option from the list menu. But nothing happens. It also won't let me indent anything. Happens site wide.

I assume its a css setting I need to edit. Can anyone help with this? I believe the site code can be viewed via right click opened html page and select view source code.

Also, is there a way to apply css changes only to one webpage?.I would like to increase the left content div from 710 to 1000 (or preferably to max wide depending on users screen while leaving room for the side bar navigation.

I am willing to pay for help if needed.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Basic Dreamweaver Questions (Working with template site)

Participant ,
Feb 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone.

The page in questions is: Touch The Universe Productions - Audio Label and Sound Design - Hive Sound Bank - Goa Trance, Progre...

I can't seem to add a bullet point list like this

• Soundsets
  • Loops
  • Wave Files

I select text, right click, and select and option from the list menu. But nothing happens. It also won't let me indent anything. Happens site wide.

I assume its a css setting I need to edit. Can anyone help with this? I believe the site code can be viewed via right click opened html page and select view source code.

Also, is there a way to apply css changes only to one webpage?.I would like to increase the left content div from 710 to 1000 (or preferably to max wide depending on users screen while leaving room for the side bar navigation.

I am willing to pay for help if needed.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 10, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Your site is not mobile friendly which means you need a new layout ASAP.  Why?  Because Google penalizes sites that are not mobile friendly.  And you're alienating a lot of web users on mobile devices. 
    Mobile-Friendly Test - Google Search Console
  2. Your code contains a significant number of errors.  Fix your code.
    Showing results for http://touch-the-universe.com/electra-2-expansion.html - Nu Html Checker
  3. This looks like a Theme Forest Template.  IMO, you should throw it away and go straight to Project Seven for a responsive Layout.
    Responsive Web Design Extensions, Apps, Add-ons and Plugins for Dreamweaver
  4. Do not use spaces in file & folder names.  It causes problems on the web.   Rename your files and replace spaces with  underscores _ or hyphens - .
Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 10, 2018 2
Participant ,
Feb 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. I was planning on building it from scratch in muse, identical to my current layout, but time is an issue for now.

At the moment, I'm kind of gerry rigging the site to function. Solving one issue at a time as the need arises.

I will look into making it mobile friendly as soon as I can. That has been bugging me for awhile and I know it is extremely important.

I will keep the rest of what you mentioned in mind and will dedicate a day or two to fixing the site up.

For now, please help. Why in the world can I not add indents or use the list function.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 10, 2018 0
Feb 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

timothyi34297763  wrote

For now, please help. Why in the world can I not add indents or use the list function.

Default list styles have been removed by your Reset.css file.  If you delete the reset link, you'll see normal lists again. 

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 10, 2018 1
Feb 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

reset.css line #23 (or there about) states

ol, ul {

list-style: none;

}

Add a class to the UL  like

<ul class="styled-list">

and add style rules to your CSS like

ul.styled-list {

list-style: disk;

}

Ben

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 10, 2018 1
Feb 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It goes deeper than that.

html, body, div, span, applet, object, iframe, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, p, blockquote, pre, a, abbr, acronym, address, big, cite, code, del, dfn, em, font, img, ins, kbd, q, s, samp, small, strike, strong, sub, sup, tt, var, b, u, i, center, dl, dt, dd, ol, ul, li, fieldset, form, label, legend, table, caption, tbody, tfoot, thead, tr, th, td {

margin: 0;

padding: 0;

border: 0;

outline: 0;

font-size: 100%;

vertical-align: baseline;

background: transparent;

text-align: left;

color: #FFFFFF;

}

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 10, 2018 1