• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bootstrap and fancybox?

New Here ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in a very recent post, Nancy suggested using FancyBox to solve a lightbox problem. In a discussion a while ago she had spoken of the alternative of a Bootstrap modal.

I am updating our website: dominiquebello.com to make it responsive, using Bootstrap. The original website uses an earlier version of FancyBox, which Nancy helped me get working.

Any quick thoughts on whether I should use the new version of FancyBox (ease of use, achievement of the exact effect we got last time, etc), as opposed to a Bootstrap modal, whatever that is?

Thanks

Jerry

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 20, 2018 Jan 20, 2018

I have a demo with portrait and landscape you can look at.  It seems to work well.

Alt-Web Demo : Dynamic Photo Gallery with Bootstrap, PHP & Fancybox

Nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depends on  what you need.

Bootstrap Modal window + Carousel component = a fast way to create image galleries without any additional scripts or expense.

Bootstrap Modal + Carousel Gallery - https://alt-web.com/

Fancybox3 is a deluxe lightbox viewer.   But you need to purchase a license.

fancyBox - Touch enabled, responsive and fully customizable jQuery lightbox script

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do I recall correctly that the Bootstrap alternative requires all the images have the same shape? Ours vary in width.

On the license issue, the fact that got a license for the original use still covers us, does it not?

Finally, notifications are not coming to my inbox. Any idea of how I can get that working again?

Thanks again

Jerry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have a license for FancyBox2, you're good to go.

DBSilk  wrote

Do I recall correctly that the Bootstrap alternative requires all the images have the same shape?

Most lightbox/modal windows work best with images that have the same aspect ratio.   If you mix landscape with portrait, you're liable to end up with something like this:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2018 Jan 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Nancy.

The original fancyBox app allowed us to have varying widths--we made sure they all had the same height. I hope that still applies in the current version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2018 Jan 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have a demo with portrait and landscape you can look at.  It seems to work well.

Alt-Web Demo : Dynamic Photo Gallery with Bootstrap, PHP & Fancybox

Nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines