• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bootstrap Read-Only files

Explorer ,
Apr 11, 2019 Apr 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm totally new at this and recently decided to dive right in and build a website. I know better now that I shouldn't have modified the bootstrap.css file, but of course I did! So what now? I didn't break anything that I can tell and I didn't change much, but I can't exactly remember all the changes I made to it. Any issues with keeping it the way it is or should I try and revert it ? (can I even do that?)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 11, 2019 Apr 11, 2019

I moved this question from Adobe Creative Cloud to Dreamweaver support forum.

Yes, it's true you should never edit Bootstrap or jQuery files.  Always use a separate  stylesheet for custom overrides.

Eventually, as you gain more experience you'll learn to customize Bootstrap with global variables & mixins contained in the SASS/SCSS preprocessor files.  It saves a lot of time vs manually re-coding  CSS.

The default Bootstap files are hosted on Bootstrap CDN.

https://www.bootstrapcdn.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using which Adobe software? Dreamweaver?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I moved this question from Adobe Creative Cloud to Dreamweaver support forum.

Yes, it's true you should never edit Bootstrap or jQuery files.  Always use a separate  stylesheet for custom overrides.

Eventually, as you gain more experience you'll learn to customize Bootstrap with global variables & mixins contained in the SASS/SCSS preprocessor files.  It saves a lot of time vs manually re-coding  CSS.

The default Bootstap files are hosted on Bootstrap CDN.

https://www.bootstrapcdn.com/

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines