Highlighted

Bootstrap version in DW

New Here ,
May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the version of Bootstrap stay the same unless I upgrade my DW? Or does the Bootstrap can upgrade/change automatically while keep using the same version of DW? I'm currently using DW 20.1 and when I created a new page looks like it sets up files for Bootstrap 4.4.1. Would this stay the same?

Toshi

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Bootstrap version in DW

New Here ,
May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the version of Bootstrap stay the same unless I upgrade my DW? Or does the Bootstrap can upgrade/change automatically while keep using the same version of DW? I'm currently using DW 20.1 and when I created a new page looks like it sets up files for Bootstrap 4.4.1. Would this stay the same?

Toshi

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It depends on how you setup the site:

BenPleysier_0-1588841301621.png

Ben

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know it has two options 3.4 or 4.4. But I beilve it was 3.3 and 4.3 in 19.x, wasn't it? I'm asking if this could change like 3.5 and 4.5 when it goes to 20.2? or never change until 21.x?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DW does not automatically update Bootstrap & jQuery for you.  If you want to use the latest Bootstrap / jQuery releases, you'll have to download them yourself or change the references in your code to scripts hosted on CDNs like StackPath and jQuery.com

https://www.bootstrapcdn.com/

https://code.jquery.com/

I should also mention that it's up to you to ensure your markup is compatible with newer scripts.  Bootstrap 3x and 4x are not interchangeable. 

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still missing my point. DW updated Bootstrap version between 19.x and 20.1. I would assume same thing would happen when 21.1 comes out. But I would also assume it wouldn't change between 20.1 and 20.2. That's what I wanted to confirm.

Toshi

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm talking about "when I create a new page". Of course I know it wouldn't change the bootstrap versions for existing page I created with older version of DW.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I don't think I'm missing anything. There is no set schedule on Bootstrap & JQ updates.  They eventually come to DW when the team decides to send them out.  And it rarely happens immediately.  You may wait several months or a year before you see the latest version added to DW.

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines