• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Building an Information Website

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2019 Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I'm new to Dreamweaver even though I have been using adobe for 4 years or more. I'm not sure where to start on my project. I wish to provide information to people I work with on a website from a spread sheet that is dropped into a file every 4 hours. The employees will each need to login to get only thier information.  This will have to have some box's to display sales information. Is dreamweaver the right choice to try to do this with. Where do I start.  Thanks from a newbie in advance.  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a very ambitious first project. Dreamwaver is the right tool but no code editor has this built-in.  To build something from scratch, you'll need about 4 years of college level web programming courses in HTML, CSS, JavaScript, and server-side languages such as PHP, ASP.net or ColdFusion.  The languages & databases will depend on your hosting plan.  

Or you could save yourself some time and frustration and just hire an experienced developer to create a system for you.   The biggest obstacle I see is the spreadsheets.  Data really needs to be in a database, not a spreadsheet.  

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thank you for the honesty. I Only have read/ used HTML, XHTML, and taken a Javascript 101 while in college. So I know enough to understand I'm out of my depth. Just not even sure where to start. I feel this has had to be done before. Just have to find out how, I don't want to reinvent the wheel. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have a look at Dreamweaver extensions that will help you in your quest, in particular the Data Importer.

Alternatively, have a look at using Wappler which has all of the extensions included.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines