• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

But I'm NOT "deleting the root folder" -- just editing text

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just moved from PC to Mac at work.  Editing an HTML file, I keep getting an error "Sorry, you can't delete the root folder."  But all I'm trying to do is delete a line of text (with a couple of links in it).  After a few minutes of delete-a-character-get-an-error, delete-another-character-get-error ...  I got it down to a single quotation mark that it simply will not delete.

Does anybody know WTH?

If I had any hair left I would be tearing it out.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Switch to Design View.

Also Validate the code in your document.  I'm willing to bet that DW is choking on code errors it can't reconcile.

CC-BugReport.jpg

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happens in Design view, too.

I have found, though, that it is CONSTANTLY syncing stuff in the background as well -- even though it's an email, not part of a site. It seems to be treating it like the entire company server is a site full of files it's trying to sync...  Could be part of it?  But it never happened on the PC.

(Note, I use a Mac at home, so I'm used to the app -- but it's not connected to a big ol' corporate server.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Even though you're doing an email, you must define a local folder for your projects.   Example, C:\MyTestSite\

CC-localsite.jpg

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines