Highlighted

Calender Booking in Dreamweaver - a la Soul-Cycle.com

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a beginner working on this for a dance class booking system for my site HeatDanceCompany.com

How might I create a calendar that is essentially the same functionality and look as Find a Class  (link to Soul-Cycle's)

Then I'd like students/customers to book their spot in class like this     (also soul-cycle inspired)  Select a Bike

What is the best way to do this?  I havent found any widgets or plugins that give me what I'm looking for. 

I appreciate your help and knowledge!!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Nancy OShea | Adobe Community Professional

Did you contact Soul-Cycle and ask what booking system they use?

A custom coded solution is going to cost many hundreds if not thousands of US dollars.  If you're using WordPress and WooCommerce, you don't strike me as being  that big.  So a custom coded booking system might not be worth that kind of investment yet.   Using a 3rd party booking service could be another affordable option to consider. 

Nancy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Calender Booking in Dreamweaver - a la Soul-Cycle.com

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a beginner working on this for a dance class booking system for my site HeatDanceCompany.com

How might I create a calendar that is essentially the same functionality and look as Find a Class  (link to Soul-Cycle's)

Then I'd like students/customers to book their spot in class like this     (also soul-cycle inspired)  Select a Bike

What is the best way to do this?  I havent found any widgets or plugins that give me what I'm looking for. 

I appreciate your help and knowledge!!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Nancy OShea | Adobe Community Professional

A custom coded solution is going to cost many hundreds if not thousands of US dollars.  If you're using WordPress and WooCommerce, you don't strike me as being  that big.  So a custom coded booking system might not be worth that kind of investment yet.   Using a 3rd party booking service could be another affordable option to consider. 

Nancy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 15, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not a beginner's project.  This will require expert coding especially if you want the app to be mobile friendly.   Do a Google search for Online booking systems for fitness classes.  You might find something close to what you want off the shelf.  Any customizations will probably cost you more.

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 15, 2018 1
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks.

If i wanted this custom-coded (perhaps using the WooCommerce backend which I have currently), how much would this job be worth?   I have wireframes and the remainder of the site is built.   I'm not experienced in hiring someone to do webwork - my experience has always been using wordpress and manipulating templates and child themes.  Do you have any advice on how to go about getting this done?     

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 15, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 15, 2018 1