• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can Adobe break any more Anti-Trust laws?

Explorer ,
May 02, 2018 May 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankfully Affinity from Serif looks amazing, with Professional hollywood software makers releasing industry standard editors and REAL comp software for  FREE and including ProTools, Then add in Microsoft and Google all but matching and streamlining a better Dreamweaver, I look forward to finally leaving Adobe, WAY to overpriced for what is given.

And for those curious, yes, Affinity is REALLY close to Adobe, the look and feel is virtually the same so easy transition. All for $49 one time only.

Moderator Note: Removed profanity from the subject line.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 03, 2018 May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not very interesting.

I agree that Dw is overpriced, but like most anti Dw posts you miss answering the one main reason many people use Dw.

It is its file and site managment features.

If it was not for those it would be nothing more than a cut-down version of the free Brackets code editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What has any of this to do with Anti-Trust Laws?

DEFINITION:

Antitrust laws are statutes developed to protect consumers from rapacious business practices by making it illegal for businesses to compete in unfair ways.  How has Adobe competed unfairly with Affinity?

Nancy O'Sheaā€” Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And what has Affinity got to do with Dreamweaver? It's a Photoshop alternative. If you like Photoshop but don't want to subscribe, you can buy Photoshop Elements and get 80% of the features.

Adobe has adopted a subscription business model which is proving to be highly successful. No-one is forcing anyone to join any Cloud plans. Other vendors can do whatever they like - and they do. "No subscription required" is often a selling point of other vendors. Where's the Anti-Trust problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just something to ponder, John et al, but antitrust laws have been pretty much irrelevant since the underlying concept of trust became lost . I'm not anti-Adobe, but I do have enough of a background in business to question Adobe's success. They'll be around a while, but their options might be limited to divestiture. I'm not sure there are potential buyers anymore for software companies its size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed Al. I still don't see this as a Dreamweaver question though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 06, 2018 May 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's probably that the OP is a Muse site creator, which Affinity does offer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 06, 2018 May 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As the OP will probably never look at this thread, I thought everyone would be interested to know that this forum is now described as -

"Dreamweaver for beginners forum"

https://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/get-started.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines