Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Can I change the C17 layout to look like this C6

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Nancy OShea | Adobe Community Professional

In 2017, Dreamweaver CC was re-built  with a new UI and code editor based on Brackets.  It's not possible to roll back to the old UI unless you revert to CS6. 

Personally,  I'm not a huge fan of CSS Designer panels.   I think  code hints and auto code completion makes working directly with code a lot more efficient than panels. 

NEVER edit Bootstrap CSS code.  That should be a read only file and off limits to you.  If you require custom styles and you don't yet know how to work with SASS/SCSS, then use a separate external stylesheet.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can C17 look like C6

Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Can I change the C17 layout to look like this C6

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Nancy OShea | Adobe Community Professional

In 2017, Dreamweaver CC was re-built  with a new UI and code editor based on Brackets.  It's not possible to roll back to the old UI unless you revert to CS6. 

Personally,  I'm not a huge fan of CSS Designer panels.   I think  code hints and auto code completion makes working directly with code a lot more efficient than panels. 

NEVER edit Bootstrap CSS code.  That should be a read only file and off limits to you.  If you require custom styles and you don't yet know how to work with SASS/SCSS, then use a separate external stylesheet.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 02, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out. In Dreamweaver CC and latest versions, the CSS dialog box has been replaced by the designer. Please check this article: How to create CSS rules in Dreamweaver

Please let me know if you need more assistance on this.

Thanks,

Harshika

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 03, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 03, 2019 1