• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I acces a function within an OAM file in Dreamweaver

Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but you never know unless you trie.
I placed an OAM file in my html document. I want to know if it is possible to activate a function within that OAM file with script in the Dreamweaver HTML file. And when it is possible how do I do this?

If this is the wrong place to ask, does anyone know where to ask this question?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

yes... in my samples files you will find how to handle it from your own files...

but ... you said that you have 3 functions... so on the Flash file (woaw please don't say Flash, if Paula is listenning, it will be better for her, that each other we call it Animate...)... ... iether if as we will se later on this mail... Flash call it Edge...

so, I was saying that instead of setting the functions at the Animate root level as

function startDing() {}

or

var startDing = function() {}

declare them to be

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OAM files are self contained, so not modifiable within Dw.

If you are using Adobe Animate I would suggest you export as html5 canvas. Even then modifying the js will require a very good knowledge of javascript.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your quick reply.

Of course you are right, but isn't there a way to start a movie clip in the OAM by activating a function in that Aom which starts the right movie clip within that OAM?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes it must be possible, can you send a small OAM containing the movie clip ready to run... I could provide the appropriate script if this is possible

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not using an oam file, as those are for all intents and purpouses 'self contained' with no access from outside code. The other problem with oam files is that any action programed into the animation, (such as starting a movie) may not work when published, especially on mobile devices.

Unless the oam file video is essential to the animation itself, I would suggest removing it from the oam and inserting the video into the html file itself using the video tag.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that the OP ask to communicate with the AOM using an external TAG once imported in the hosted HTML file and previewed in the browser

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/B+i+r+n+o+u  wrote

I think that the OP ask to communicate with the AOM using an external TAG once imported in the hosted HTML file and previewed in the browser

That's the problem with oam files, there is nothing to communicate with as the oam file is for all intents and purpouses a self contained unit. Unless you go into the files that make-up the oam and include the action you wish to perform it is generally a waste of space.

OAM files even have trouble working correctly on mobile devices when it comes to user interactions. As they often do not allow any user interaction, and perform just like a video with no controls, (they play, but that is it).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to make a simple test OAm, the proof is in the pudding. How can I send it to you? I'm not so familiar with this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the faster and easiest way, is to place a zip archive file on your ftp, or use a sendit, we transfer or other services...

please, just insert a simple movie clip, but instead of send me the AOM file, send me the fla file, I will be myself the OAM file, after preparing some internal action script.

I don't know now how it works using CANVAS, but by the past I did it many times with SWF files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but I just realise that I can prepare the FLA myself... just give me a couple of hour to first get rid of some work first

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Birnou, fla and oam files are not the same thing, and oam does not use action script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

isn't OAM file generated by Edge Animate ?....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I make my OAM file with Animate CC. In stead of actionscript, I use Javascript.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

isn't OAM file generated by Edge Animate ?....

It was, but now it is also part of CC Animate, and as the OP says in his post it uses javascript not action script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes tha is exactly the same...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still call it Flash and Action Script... the rest is pure marketing...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still call it Flash and Action Script... the rest is pure marketing...

No.

Flash and action script require the flash player to work, which as you know no longer works in most browsers and devices. OAM, (and edge animate) are based on css transform, transitions, and javascript, (jQuery). The CC Animate program still supports flash, but added html5 canvas support and some of the edge animate features, (as oam).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

come on.. you've time to kidding... for me Adobe Edge Animate CC... is a pure Flash base... same UI, same TimeLine, ... same structure... same tools... the rest is marketing... just because SWF wont play on any browser... they make it export into CANVAS... that is my point

they did a great job to transform it... but this is it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OAM is not canvas, just as canvas is not flash. Saying they are the same, is like saying C# and C++ are the same, similar yes, but you try mixing them.

The reason both edge animate and cc animate share the same ui as flash, was simply because those using those programs were/are users who originally used flash, so that was the ui they were used to using.

Unlike the old flash action script though, once a project is exported as oam it becomes a closed file format with no external communication with js. Animates canvas is almost as bad, but it does allow some external functions to work as part of the api.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The simplest way is to upload your oam as part of a web page, to your internet server.

There is little point in sending the file to anyone, as that would require the files before you saved them as an oam, (work files) and the person having the program concerned.

I abandoned CC completely at the beginning of this year, so Birnou would have to help in that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a zip file with a simple case study. I need an emailadres to send it with wetransfer. I have send you both a mail via your website form. So now you hve my mailadres if you send me an mail I can sent you the ZIPfile.

I want to thank you both for your help. Thus far. ( English is not my mother language so excuse for mistakes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It will have to be Birnou who looks at the file for you, as I no longer use CC programs.

As I don't think I can help further, I will drop out of the discussion and wish you all the best in getting your problem solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you once again for your input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On this site https://bunchokids.org/​ I used an animation created by Animate. When you look at the source code, you will find that I have placed the animation in an iframe, the main reason being that I did have a second animation and the two needed to be separated.

If you follow the link in the iframe, https://bunchokids.org/animate/meet-bok.html​, and view the source code, you will see the HTML that Animate exported. You will also see links to the JS files and and the Adobe font used.

The following shows the files that were sent to me

Although the .fla file was sent to me, I did not make use of it for the website.

I hope this helps.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BenPleysier  a écrit

On this site https://bunchokids.org/ I used an animation created by Animate.

It's really interesting when users of this forum show their work online.

Well , Ben, I like your work... the visual is well adapted to the target, the code is clean and well organized... what else ... thank you for sharing it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines