• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I buy CS6? [was Creative Studio 6.0]

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to buy a later version than my current 5.5 on CD?  I don't want to be tied to the "cloud" and have to pay a monthly fee instead of a one time charge?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 20, 2018 Jul 20, 2018

Technically, it is possible, however the likelihood of the program being a legitimate copy is single digit percentage low.

A common scam in recent years has been the illegal selling of volume license seats to third parties for deep discounts (DW CS6 was a $300 program). Everything activates, and functions until Adobe realizes the reseller is illegally distributing the program and revokes their license. Unfortunately, when they do that, anyone the scammers sold the program to, with that revoked l

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, Creative Cloud is your only option.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps you mean Creative Suite 6 which came out in 2012 and has not received any updates since December of that same year?

No.  You cannot buy it.  However, it is available as an Older App with a paid Creative Cloud subscription.

CC-DesktopApp.jpg

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 20, 2018 Jul 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Technically, it is possible, however the likelihood of the program being a legitimate copy is single digit percentage low.

A common scam in recent years has been the illegal selling of volume license seats to third parties for deep discounts (DW CS6 was a $300 program). Everything activates, and functions until Adobe realizes the reseller is illegally distributing the program and revokes their license. Unfortunately, when they do that, anyone the scammers sold the program to, with that revoked license key, will lose access.

Adobe hasn't sold or supported a perpetual license (disk version) of DW for several years now and the internet is full of too-good-to-be-true price cuts on their older software. As far as I've seen, there are no authorized resellers of perpetual license, Creative Suite software any longer.

Personally, I would only trust individuals who are selling their registered copies AND willing to fill out the proper Transfer of License forms with Adobe. Pretty much anyone else is going to be running a scam. Otherwise, the Creative Cloud is the only legitimate means for individuals to get the program now (I think they may still offer Enterprise versions to businesses though).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 20, 2018 Jul 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

All very good points, Jon. 

If it's too good to be true, run away.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines