Highlighted

Can I create a section InstanceNonEditable area

Participant ,
Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In coding I have come across a selection of links I want to be editable ONLY in the template

Can I have something in the code to mark this area as non-editable in the standard editing section instead of having to split the editable section.

Or am I going about this wrong - Should I be making the links a private page or something?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Nancy OShea | Adobe Community Professional

I'm not sure you understand how DW's proprietary Templates work.  Everything outside Editable Regions are accessible only from the main Template.dwt file. 

Another option is Server-Side Includes.   SSIs are populated by the server, not the software.

Alt-Web Design & Publishing: Server-Side Includes with PHP

Nancy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can I create a section InstanceNonEditable area

Participant ,
Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In coding I have come across a selection of links I want to be editable ONLY in the template

Can I have something in the code to mark this area as non-editable in the standard editing section instead of having to split the editable section.

Or am I going about this wrong - Should I be making the links a private page or something?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Nancy OShea | Adobe Community Professional

I'm not sure you understand how DW's proprietary Templates work.  Everything outside Editable Regions are accessible only from the main Template.dwt file. 

Another option is Server-Side Includes.   SSIs are populated by the server, not the software.

Nancy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 29, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 29, 2018 0