• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I remove un-used classes from pop-up menu?

Participant ,
Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm making a new Bootstrap-based web site from a DW template. The Bootstrap code has a huge number of classes, most of which I'm not using. However, the pop-up menu in the "properties" window displays them all, and it won't scroll (I have to click on the down-arrow to get to the next one, and it only goes one class at a time), making it a really time-consuming process just to apply a class to a bit of text. Is there a way to configure that pop-up menu to display only the classes that are actually used in the site?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

Yes & no.

If you use a custom Bootstrap build with only those classes & components you're certain you will need, then you can significantly reduce the amount of code bloat in your Bootstrap based website.

http://getbootstrap.com/docs/3.3/customize/

I caution you, removing classes means you can't use them later if you decide to unless you revert to the full build.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes & no.

If you use a custom Bootstrap build with only those classes & components you're certain you will need, then you can significantly reduce the amount of code bloat in your Bootstrap based website.

http://getbootstrap.com/docs/3.3/customize/

I caution you, removing classes means you can't use them later if you decide to unless you revert to the full build.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines