• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I split tables using Dreamweaver 2020? If not, is there an extension that offers that function?

Advocate ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I am using Adobe Dreamweaver 20.2 on a Mac.  Does this version offer a function that would allow me to split a table? I'm not looking to split a cell, I need to split a table

Reason being, I am creating html pages with embedded css that have forms. They are to be exact replicas of PDF forms. I need the html page to print out exactly where the pdf ends and begins for each page.  My client is using another outdates application that allows him to split the table.  Might there be an extension that allows me to do this?

</table>
	<p style="page-break-before: always"></p>
<table width="675" border="0" align="center" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">

Thanks for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're asking how to nest tables, simply insert a new table into a table cell.  The Win shortcut is Ctrl + Alt + T.

However, using tables for forms does not guarantee perfect printing. For that, you really do need PDF.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy,

No, I'm not asking about how to nest a table. I'm asking if Adobe Dreamweaver allows me to split a table I already created. I know Dreamweaver allows me to split cells. I have not found the option to split tables. Perhaps, this is an not many applications offer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't seen an application split tables before.  I'm even thinking about apps like Google Docs or Office, etc. I would just go into the code, close out your table where you need it split and then start your new table code there.

To further on Nancy's comment, things may not always print out exactly (ie: people may opt not to print styles).  So if you need things to print out exactly, you should be printing a PDF or triggering a generated PDF (via scripts) to print. But printing HTML can cause unexpected results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not clear on what kind of outcome are you expecting from a Split Table function.

A table, in html, is just a <table> tag container for <tr> (table row) and <td> (table cell) and a few other table-specific tags that create an organized layout for tabular data. 

What are you actually trying to do? What outcome are you expecting, in the code you posted above, if you were to click a "split table" button?

Maybe there's something else in DW that can do what you want with a slightly different workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines