• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can i use both mysqli for form input and mysql for showing data using old cs6?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2018 Jul 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello guys , i m working on a project i m using mysqli in that, but have used only mysqli for form inputs like login or reg. now i m creating pages to show only data using recordset, so my question is " is it still secure? " .

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 22, 2018 Jul 22, 2018

WebAssist has a commerical MySQLi extension to replace the deprecated server behaviors in DW.

MySQLi Server Behaviors | Dreamweaver extension | WebAssist

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There will be no change in security, keeping in mind that PHP<7/MySQL is less secure than PHP>5/MySQLi

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iamdpk  wrote

hello guys , i m working on a project i m using mysqli in that, but have used only mysqli for form inputs like login or reg. now i m creating pages to show only data using recordset, so my question is " is it still secure? " .

I would not worry about security too much, but the question is why are you using mysqli for login and register pages and mysql for getting data on your other pages, doesnt seem like good forward planning to me.

Youve obviously had to write your own code solution for the login and registration pages using mysqli so why not do the same for the other pages, rather than use the outdated DW server behaviours.

Just be aware you can't mix and match mysqli and sqli on the same page but you should by now not be even considering  using mysql

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dude,i can understand what u r trying to tell me.... i m helpless . i  also wanted to use sqli  but don't have any option. i don't know coding that much and also don't have time to learn advance coding, server behaviours can help me for getting required data from multiple table with paging and other stuffs.... if u have any better suggestion from which i can use sqli simply or convert my dw sb code in sqli then i ll be very thankfull to u

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WebAssist has a commerical MySQLi extension to replace the deprecated server behaviors in DW.

MySQLi Server Behaviors | Dreamweaver extension | WebAssist

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry i forgot to mention that i m a very poor boy who can't afford net bills and that thing is really costly... in my country currency

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.  So you can't code.  You can't pay for extensions to help you code.  And I assume you can't afford to hire a coder to help you.  So why are you doing this project? 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

that's a really really gOod question!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do not use Dw's server behaviours, unless you know how not to use the php connection scripts Dw creates.

The main reason the old mysql was dropped and no longer supported by both Dw and php itself, is because the password function used by the mysql extension was insecure, and php could not fix the problem without backwards compatibility problems.

The password function was used by every page that contained Dw server behaviours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines