• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can pictures be auto-sized to fit a computer and/or mobile phone?

Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good afternoon!!

Is there a way to have pictures adjust automatically (keeping the same ratio of width to height) regardless of the method the user is using to view the images?  i.e., whether a computer, table, or cell phone?

I am using Dreamweaver CS4 on Windows 8.1.

Any and all suggestions are appreciated!

Thank you!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Yes & no.  CS4 has zero support for responsive web design.  It's too old.   However there's no reason you can't code a responsive web site manually with HTML5 and CSS -- providing you understand the concepts and requirements.   That said, different devices have different screen sizes and pixel densities.   Mobile users won't appreciate extra bandwidth that eats up their data plans.  People on really large 4K displays won't appreciate super tiny images.  So you really need to serve images in mult

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes & no.  CS4 has zero support for responsive web design.  It's too old.   However there's no reason you can't code a responsive web site manually with HTML5 and CSS -- providing you understand the concepts and requirements.   That said, different devices have different screen sizes and pixel densities.   Mobile users won't appreciate extra bandwidth that eats up their data plans.  People on really large 4K displays won't appreciate super tiny images.  So you really need to serve images in multiple sizes now.  That's where SRCSET comes in.

http://html.com/attributes/img-srcset/

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Interesting...

SRCSET it is!  I haven't tried it yet, but I will.

Thank you, Nancy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines