Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't do a 'Find All' search in folder of SCSS in Dreamweaver

Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2017 Sep 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I can search through individual SCSS files when they are open.

But when I try to do a 'Find All' search using a folder of SCSS files the search doesn't find anything ?

Are there any solutions or an option in the settings?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 23, 2017 Sep 23, 2017

Update.

Although the issue above still happens - I also forgot to say that I had to uncloak the files. This is what was actually causing no results to be found no matter what text I input.

I always thought cloaking only disallowed uploading files/folders to the server but I am guessing it also disables the ability to search them as well?

So the simple solution is to disable cloaking. Do the search then enable cloaking again for uploading.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 23, 2017 Sep 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

'Find All' works fine for scss files, as a test you can just install Bourbon in your site and select the copied folder to Find something. Also, please check the filters that you have selected and [any tag] selected from the dropdown.

I am sharing screenshot of my case.

Regards,

Niharika Gupta

Adobe Dreamweaver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have managed to get it working by unhighlighting 'Ignore White Space', otherwise the following happens randomly. Lets say I use your example above.

1.     In the 'Find and Replace' popup window I input the term 'grid' and it finds 122 results.

2.     Again In the 'Find and Replace' popup window I input the term 'import' and it finds some results.

3.     I search again and the popup appears with the word 'import' still filled in, but then it finds 0 results.

4.     I search again but this time its empty, so I have to input something.

It seems on part 3 although a word is input - it is doing an empty search.

But anyway it sorted now and it was just a simple checkbox click

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update.

Although the issue above still happens - I also forgot to say that I had to uncloak the files. This is what was actually causing no results to be found no matter what text I input.

I always thought cloaking only disallowed uploading files/folders to the server but I am guessing it also disables the ability to search them as well?

So the simple solution is to disable cloaking. Do the search then enable cloaking again for uploading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Cloaking excludes cloaked files and folders from the following operations:

• Performing Put, Get, Check In, and Check Out operations
  • Generating reports
  • Finding newer local and newer remote files
  • Performing sitewide operations, such as checking and changing links
  • Synchronizing
  • Working with Asset panel contents
  • Updating templates and libraries

That said, cloaking does not exclude find and replace operations.  Also, you can still perform an operation on a specific cloaked folder or file by selecting the item in the Files panel and performing an operation on it. Performing an operation directly on a file or folder overrides cloaking.

Regards,

Niharika Gupta

Adobe Dreamweaver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can search individual files once they are open but not all the files in the folder. Is it a case of reinstalling Dreamweaver?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 09, 2017 Oct 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you confirm if after reinstalling Dw fixed the issue with searching in cloaked folders?

Regards,

Niharika Gupta

Adobe Dreamweaver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No the issue is still there and now after updating to 2018 the copy and paste seems to be playing up as well. So for example copy and pasting from another app doesn't paste into Dreamweaver?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jammy,

Could you please list down the complete workflow where copy/paste in DW for you is not working?

That will help us seeing and then addressing the issue at our end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Niharika,

Some times ago, I 've posted an FR to propose that Find and replace should be able to exclude cloaked files from search. At least having a check box to set this filter.

Should I repost it ? to reopen the FR as it was never discussed ?

Regards

birnou

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please do so, since I could not find any DWBETA bug logged for this request. Also, do let us know a suitable usecase.

jammy231- can you please check again if you can do Find and Replace operations on cloaked folders, since Birnou is asking for an ER for the same! Looks quite contradictory.

Regards,

Niharika Gupta

Adobe Dreamweaver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Niharika,

I have updated to 2018 and the issue no longer happens

But it doesn't search files ending with .yaml which are text documents. Is this something I need to add in preferences/settings?

cheers

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay this randomly happens and it relates to doing a copy and paste - find and replace in particular.

1. I have a document or several documents open in Dreamweaver.
  2. I can copy and paste within Dreamweaver fine.
  3. But when I do a copy from another application like a text document or web browser window it doesn't paste back into Dreamweaver. In fact when doing the paste dreamweaver only pastes the last value that was copied within Dreamweaver.
  4. Outside of Dreamweaver the new paste value works in other applications.
  5. The only way around is to type in the value direct into Dreamweaver.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jammy for listing down the steps but I have few more questions as I couldn't see issue on doing simply copy from browser and pasting it in DW.

1. Did you minimize DW before copying from browser and pasting back?

2. Did you use shortcut Alt + Tab to switch between DW and browser?

We have a bug logged internally, where copy/paste doesn't  work on minimizing DW using shortcut Win + M. Do you feel you issue might be related?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I am using a Mac and I simply went from one window to another apps window, using the apple short-keys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jammy,

It would be really helpful if you could share the video of issue happening as we couldn't see it happening at our end.

Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Inayal,

I am unable to do a video but the same issue is happening again.

1. I am in safari and copying a value from the page. I can paste this value in another application (email, text editor etc)
  2. In dreamweaver I try to paste and it shows an old paste value. Even when choosing the menu popup paste it still pastes the old value?

Are there any pref files which could be causing the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines