Highlighted

Can't Reassign Ctrl+F

New Here ,
May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My employer recently upgraded from Dreamweaver CS6 to Dreamweaver CC, and one of the first things I noticed was that pressing Ctrl+F opens an ineffective Find bar at the bottom of the screen, rather than the more robust old Find window, which has been reassigned to Ctrl+Shift+F.

So I went into the keyboard shortcuts menu and set Ctrl+F to open the old Find window, removing the bottom bar's shortcut entirely. It didn't work. Even though the Find tab at the top of the screen shows my new shortcut in its dropdown list, pressing Ctrl+F still opens the bottom bar. I have to press it a second time to open the intended window.

Even after deleting all of the default keyboard shortcut sets and restarting the program, my change hasn't taken effect. Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can't Reassign Ctrl+F

New Here ,
May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My employer recently upgraded from Dreamweaver CS6 to Dreamweaver CC, and one of the first things I noticed was that pressing Ctrl+F opens an ineffective Find bar at the bottom of the screen, rather than the more robust old Find window, which has been reassigned to Ctrl+Shift+F.

So I went into the keyboard shortcuts menu and set Ctrl+F to open the old Find window, removing the bottom bar's shortcut entirely. It didn't work. Even though the Find tab at the top of the screen shows my new shortcut in its dropdown list, pressing Ctrl+F still opens the bottom bar. I have to press it a second time to open the intended window.

Even after deleting all of the default keyboard shortcut sets and restarting the program, my change hasn't taken effect. Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 11, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine does that exact same thing too in both Windows 7 and 10. It's very likely a bug in the software.

Most of the time, after doing the first double Ctrl + F, it will continue to work correctly until I close DW. It's one of the many oddities in the latest version that keeps me in CC2015 for production work.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 11, 2018 1
Preran LATEST
Adobe Employee ,
May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to what Jon said, feel free to log a bug with the team using this link Adobe Dreamweaver CC: Feature Ideas

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 14, 2018 0