Highlighted

Can't Switch From Code View To Either Split View or Live View

Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going through Dreamweaver CC Classroom In A Book, 2018 version.  there is a page in lesson 7 - "mygreen-styles.css" that I can't switch from code view to split or live view. I've tried this on both my desktop and also my laptop computers, and the result is the same.  I'm attaching two screen captures, perhaps they may provide some insight. Thank you!Dreamweaver Screen Capture.jpgFiles Screen Capture.jpg

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Nancy_OShea | Adobe Community Professional

CSS and JavaScript files are scripts and as such cannot be viewed in Design or Live view mode.

Open your HTML document and click on Source Code tab.  See screenshot.

image.png

Topics

Code, How to, Other, Performance, Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can't Switch From Code View To Either Split View or Live View

Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going through Dreamweaver CC Classroom In A Book, 2018 version.  there is a page in lesson 7 - "mygreen-styles.css" that I can't switch from code view to split or live view. I've tried this on both my desktop and also my laptop computers, and the result is the same.  I'm attaching two screen captures, perhaps they may provide some insight. Thank you!Dreamweaver Screen Capture.jpgFiles Screen Capture.jpg

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Nancy_OShea | Adobe Community Professional

CSS and JavaScript files are scripts and as such cannot be viewed in Design or Live view mode.

image.png

Topics

Code, How to, Other, Performance, Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

image.png

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank yoiu Nancy!  Your directions corrected my problem.  I appreciate your support more than I can express!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome.  Post back anytime. 

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines