Highlighted

Can't use Live Preview?

New Here ,
May 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I go to File > Real-time Preview > Safari (or Chrome), I get the error "You tried to access an external HTML page, which can not be opened on the device for preview. Open the page in Dreamweaver to preview the page on the device."

How can I preview my site in a browser? It's been a while since I used Dreamweaver so maybe something has changed, I used to have no problems with this. I'm on my MacBook laptop.

TOPICS
Dreamweaver | Mac OS issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can't use Live Preview?

New Here ,
May 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I go to File > Real-time Preview > Safari (or Chrome), I get the error "You tried to access an external HTML page, which can not be opened on the device for preview. Open the page in Dreamweaver to preview the page on the device."

How can I preview my site in a browser? It's been a while since I used Dreamweaver so maybe something has changed, I used to have no problems with this. I'm on my MacBook laptop.

TOPICS
Dreamweaver | Mac OS issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 30, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Real-Time Preview can be a nuisance sometimes.  I almost never use it.  With your HTML document open, right click on the tab and select Open in Browser.  That's more like what you remember.

CC-Preview-in-browser.jpg

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 30, 2019 1
Paul-M LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using CC 2019 version?

In preferences > real-time preview  > check 'default to static browser preview'

default to static browser preview.png

Real-time preview in my experience is tempremental ...

Paul-M, ACP

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 30, 2019 1