Highlighted

Can you debug PHP scripts via the latest version of Dreamweaver and XDebug?

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

As the subject states.  I'd like to know if the latest version of Dreamweaver supports debugging PHP script via XDebug.  I want to set break points in my code so that I can do things like debugging line by line, view the values of variables, and logic flow.  I'm using Xampp on Windows 10 Pro, as my web server.

TIA,

grecinos

Topics

Server side applications

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can you debug PHP scripts via the latest version of Dreamweaver and XDebug?

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

As the subject states.  I'd like to know if the latest version of Dreamweaver supports debugging PHP script via XDebug.  I want to set break points in my code so that I can do things like debugging line by line, view the values of variables, and logic flow.  I'm using Xampp on Windows 10 Pro, as my web server.

TIA,

grecinos

Topics

Server side applications

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly, no.  Dreamweaver is not an IDE. 

VS Code and the PHP Debug extension might work for you.

https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=felixfbecker.php-debug

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the delayed response.  Thanks for the clarification.  I was able to get it to work with Netbeans, but it doesn't seem to have a good file explorer.  I'm now trying to get Eclipse to work.  Thus far, Eclispse detects when I'm initiating a debug session, but doesn't stop at breakpoints.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
osgood_ LATEST
LEGEND ,
Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try codelobster, I think the FREE version can be set up to work with XDebug

http://www.codelobster.com/

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Learn Resources
Add a group