• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot add or edit properties in CSS Design panel Part 2

Participant ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I mistakenly attached a file of the image rather than inserting it into my original post. Here is is again.

On one of my sites the Properties panel within CSS Designer is grayed out. I can choose a selector but I can't edit the properties (they're grayed out) nor can I add selectors because the + sign is grayed out.

For what it's worth I'm running the current version of DW on a brand new 27" iMac runnig OSX 10.15.7.

I'm including a screenshot of the problem.

Thanks,

David

DW.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Yes, to all the above. 

But I decided to uninstall and reinstall DW and everything is working fine now. I've been using DW for over 20 years and never had anything like this happen before. But as long as all seems funcional now, I'm good. 

Thanks for the suggestions!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That appears to say the file is read only.  If you do not have permission to write to the file then you will not be able to edit the selector.  Can you check the file on your system and make sure your user has permission to open it and not make it read only?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That Project Seven stylesheet appears to be read only.  Probably to keep you from breaking the Layout Builder Magic generated CSS code.  If you must edit CSS code, the safest way is to create a new custom stylesheet below all your other CSS files. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

No. the file does have read & write permissions. As far as that fiile possibly being one that should not be edited, the p7 files all state which should not be edited. The screenshot I gave you was indeed of one that should not be eidited. However, the p7LBM-Custom-01.css file which is the one I want to edit already contains several CSS selectors that I have added and it's actually one of those that I want to edit. The really strange thing is when I open it in BBEdit I can make my edit, save it, open DW and in DW the undchanged version still shows up. And I cannot edit it in code view within DW.

And earlier I stated that it was just this site. AFter I posted I went back into DW and it is all of my sites. I cannot eidt any CSS files within DW nor edit them with a text editor and save them. Could this be something with the sync settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sync has nothing to do with it.

Did you define a local site folder for each project?

Site > Manage Sites -- Local Site FolderSite > Manage Sites -- Local Site Folder

Do your site folders reside on your primary hard drive, not cloud or networked drives?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, to all the above. 

But I decided to uninstall and reinstall DW and everything is working fine now. I've been using DW for over 20 years and never had anything like this happen before. But as long as all seems funcional now, I'm good. 

Thanks for the suggestions!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines