• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot edit in DW 2018

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the craziest thing I've ever seen. I cannot edit in DW 2018. When I click anywhere it highlights the entire class, div, whatever. You cannot see your cursor, you sort of have to guess and type something in order to see if you hit it right.  As you can see here, I want to insert my cursor to correct where the href is not anchored. Yet

when I click it highlights the ENTIRE area and the cursor vanishes. Apparently this was an issue in 2017 and Adobe for whatever reason decided not to fix the problem. Why in the world would you create a style that hides the cursor? I do not want the entire class, div, or whatever highlighted I want to be able to code directly. I googled and found something about editing some file, but I cannot believe there is no fix for this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

I wish I could help, but I cannot replicate the problem that you are experiencing. In fact I love seeing the whole element being highlighted so that I can see that I do not have an end-tag.

This will not help you, I just want to show what I get

I think that you may need to look for the culprit outside of Dreamweaver. Maybe an overworked PC wants to be re-booted.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish I could help, but I cannot replicate the problem that you are experiencing. In fact I love seeing the whole element being highlighted so that I can see that I do not have an end-tag.

This will not help you, I just want to show what I get

I think that you may need to look for the culprit outside of Dreamweaver. Maybe an overworked PC wants to be re-booted.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We would need more details to investigate this issue. Please provide following details

1. Could you mention which code theme you are using in DW?
  2. Did you make any change in less file for code theme?
  3. Can you try switching to dark code theme and if you get to see IP there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines