• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot edit page in Dreamweaver 2020

Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2020 Feb 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just purchased Dreamweaver 2020 and I cannot edit the code directly. Right-Click > Quick Edit returns the message 'No quick edit available for current cursor position'. I cannot Edit > Cut the content out. I cannot select the code and hit the Delete key. Cannot edit in code or view mode. This is frustrating!

TOPICS
Code

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

It turns out that the code on this page was ENTIRELY the Dreamweaver template so all is good now.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that I can create a new file and replace the file that I cannot edit.

More info. I imported an old website into Dreamweaver 2020 and am trying to edit existing files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot edit a READ ONLY file.  Use your operating system's file manager to change file properties from read only to read & writable.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I imported an old website into Dreamweaver 2020 and am trying to edit existing files."

Did you define a local site folder? 

Is the stylesheet in your local site folder?

Once the site is defined, site assets should be visible from your Files Panel.  See screenshot.

Files Panel (F8)Files Panel (F8)

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post the code or a link to a sample page for us to view? Or a screenshot of what you are seeing? There is nothing in dw that would prevent code editing unless you are working in template region that is not editable.

Here's a doc that explains the quick edit function you are referencing as well: https://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/using/writing-editing-code.html#quick-edit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It turns out that the code on this page was ENTIRELY the Dreamweaver template so all is good now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines