• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot launch Dreamweaver

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2019 Feb 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm having trouble launching dreamweaver. I've installed it via creative cloud tool, I've installed it via the website i.e. my backend control panel if you will. Every time it tries to launch I can see it in my processes tab, but it gets up to 7mb and stops there. I've tried restoring preferences, by pressing ctrl, shift, windows key, and double-clicking the dreamweaver.exe executable, nothing happens by the program tries to launch. I've uninstalled and reinstalled, I've uninstalled, rebooted, and ran the cleaner tool, rebooted and tried to reinstall. Every time I get the same reaction from the program. I've tried to delete the cache file, but it's not there. Strangely enough, I can see the dreamweaver 2017 folder, the dreamweaver 2018 folder, but no dreamweaver 2019 folder. Also, I can't delete the 2017 or 2018 folders as it says they are not there, even though it shows them. I can go through and delete the individual files inside those folders, which I did, but I cannot delete the folders as it says they are not there. I'm at a loss here, I can run it on my work computer and my laptop, but my home PC is where I get the most work done and not having dreamweaver is becoming a serious problem.

PC Specs:
i7 8700k @ 5GHz

DDR4 RAM 3200MHz

RTX 2080 Ti

1tb Samsung NVME Drive

MSI MEG Godlike Mobo

Windows 10 home

trying to install the latest version of dreamweaver.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 10, 2019 Apr 10, 2019

This issue has been fixed in the latest version of Crowdstrike. Please update the version on your computer and let us know if you are still facing this issue.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are many reasons why the program may not work on your system, namely

• not enough RAM
  • inability to contact Adobe - hosts file
  • virus
  • firewall
  • windows defender
  • clashing programs
  • DW already installed on 2 computers
  • etc, etc.

It seems that you have previously installed DW 17 and 18, have you tried to re-install them? You can have as many versions of DW on your system as you wish, they just can't be run simultaneously.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

16GB of DDR4 3200 RAM, and not near the max on it

Hosts file has no mention of adobe, it's generic and the basic one that comes with windows

Completely turned off AV and the firewall

It was installed on this computer previously and worked fine

This license has no installations, I went through and canceled the one license that was active on it which was my desktop and reactivated it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 21, 2019 Feb 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried renaming the config folder?

Typically at C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Dreamweaver CC 2019\en_US\Configuration

Just rename e.g. ConfigurationBK

Launch Dreamweaver it wil rebuild the config folder

Also look in the window event logs to see if there's any indication in there as to what happening.

Failing that I would reach out to Adobe Support

Paul-M - Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 05, 2019 Apr 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a common issue with the users who are using CROWDSTRIKE FALCON .

If you are also using that try disabling it and launching dreamweaver

otherwise you can run your machine on safe mode with networking to use dreamweaver and wait till ADOBE comes up with a fix for this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2019 Apr 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually CrowdStrike Falcon are aware of the problem and working on a fix.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 10, 2019 Apr 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This issue has been fixed in the latest version of Crowdstrike. Please update the version on your computer and let us know if you are still facing this issue.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines