• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cannot open Adobe extension manager for Dreamweaver CS6

Explorer ,
Dec 30, 2019 Dec 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Dreamweaver CS6 and suddenly I cannot open the Extension manager.

I can see the icon under Start and if I click that I can see the icon in the taskbar.

If I hover over the task bar icon then a small blank image of  the extension manager appears but nothing else.

I have a new extension to install but cannot carry this out without the Extension Manager working.

Can anyone please assist me?

Thank you very much.

John

TOPICS
Extensions , How to , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Dec 30, 2019 Dec 30, 2019

Adobe are no longer interested in extensions that do not go through their channels. That is why they got rid of the Extension Manager.

Third party companies have come to our aid and the one that I use is https://www.dmxzone.com/go/22670/dmxzone-extension-manager-for-dreamweaver/

Anothet one can be found at https://www.projectseven.com/products/ex-man/update.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Jan 01, 2020 Jan 01, 2020

Just a little more on this.

As above I did try the selection Run as Administrator and this did not work. Later I logged on as Administrator and the Adobe Extension Manager worked OK.

A Happy New Year!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe are no longer interested in extensions that do not go through their channels. That is why they got rid of the Extension Manager.

Third party companies have come to our aid and the one that I use is https://www.dmxzone.com/go/22670/dmxzone-extension-manager-for-dreamweaver/

Anothet one can be found at https://www.projectseven.com/products/ex-man/update.htm

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you right-click ExMan icon and select Run As Administrator?

Failing that, use Ben's links to a 3rd party ExMan by DMX Zone or PVII.  I have used both.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 31, 2019 Dec 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very Many thanks for your help the DMX extension worked fine.

A Happy New Year

John Hardy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 31, 2019 Dec 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW Nancy I did try run as administrator but that made no difference, but thanks anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 01, 2020 Jan 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just a little more on this.

As above I did try the selection Run as Administrator and this did not work. Later I logged on as Administrator and the Adobe Extension Manager worked OK.

A Happy New Year!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines