• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot remove underline from list text

Participant ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the toughest time trying to get an "underline" removed from text in an unordered list.  I have added: 
text-decoration: none;

list-style: none;

And I got rid of the bullet and any decoration on hyperlinks but this underline still remains on my listed items that are not hyperlinks.  The link to the page is below under "Contact Information" at the bottom.  Thank you!

https://bit.ly/2UQ1CA1

TOPICS
Code

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Lists don't have an underline by default, so adding text-decoration: none to an <li> will have no effect. 

It looks like you have a number of structural errors in your code, including some problems with a few <a> tags. The <a> tag is where the text-decoration is coming from and needs to be repaired in order to fix your problem.

Run the validation tool at http://validator.w3.org/nu to get a listing of your code errors. Repairing them will fix your issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried

a {

text-decoration: none !important;

list-style: none;

}

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lists don't have an underline by default, so adding text-decoration: none to an <li> will have no effect. 

It looks like you have a number of structural errors in your code, including some problems with a few <a> tags. The <a> tag is where the text-decoration is coming from and needs to be repaired in order to fix your problem.

Run the validation tool at http://validator.w3.org/nu to get a listing of your code errors. Repairing them will fix your issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!  I actually saw my error not too long after I posted.  Thank you all again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines