Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot sync DW snippets

Explorer ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I reinstalled macOS, and can't get DW to sync snippets.

Before that reinstallation I've been clicked sync buttons and I've set automatic sync.

But now when I try, it's greyd out and it says Last sync: none.

Why?

All files are synced fine. Only DW snippets are missing. And Photoshop workspaces are also missing, but that's differents story.

Regards

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Hi Marypop,

The issue seems to be with login into CC Desktop App and hence can you please try the below steps to get sync settings working:

1) Sign-out from Creative Cloud Desktop App and Quit

2) Quit all running Adobe Applications (Would be great if you can kill all processes related to Adobe)

3) Restart your machine and launch Creative Cloud Desktop App and Sign-in again with your Adobe ID

4) Wait for 4-5 minutes and launch Dw

Sync should be enabled and working with the above steps. Let us know if t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've always had problems with automated synchronization in DW, so I do it the long way...

1. Turn on your OS's Hidden Files

2. Go to C: > Users > username > AppData (normally hidden) > Roaming > Adobe > Dreamweaver (your old version) > your language > Configuration > Snippets

3. Copy the Snippets folders/files you want to move

4. Go to C: > Users > username > AppData > Roaming > Adobe > Dreamweaver (new version) > your language > Configuration > Snippets

5. Paste the Snippets info into the folder

Everything you had in the old version will now be in the new.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jon

Thanks for your answer, but I tried and it stopped to number 2. Even though I have hidden files visible, there is no AppData under user name. I have OS High Sierra.

Regards,

Mary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, I missed that you were on a Mac. For future reference, or if others find this thread, the path to the folders on a Mac look like...

username > Library > Application Support > Adobe > Dreamweaver (version) > your language > Configuration > Snippets

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marypop,

The issue seems to be with login into CC Desktop App and hence can you please try the below steps to get sync settings working:

1) Sign-out from Creative Cloud Desktop App and Quit

2) Quit all running Adobe Applications (Would be great if you can kill all processes related to Adobe)

3) Restart your machine and launch Creative Cloud Desktop App and Sign-in again with your Adobe ID

4) Wait for 4-5 minutes and launch Dw

Sync should be enabled and working with the above steps. Let us know if this doesn't work for you. Will investigate it further.

Thanks,

Nayan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nayan

This helped.

Thank you very much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, Thanks Marypop. Looking forward for valuable feedback from you on Dw.

Regards,

Nayan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines