Highlighted

Canot preview DW pages

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try and preview the page, I get ...

>> You tried to access an external HTML page, which can not be opened on the device for preview. Open the page in Dreamweaver to preview the page on the device. <<

The page IS open in Dreamweaver on my local computer, but it is not connected to the server

In DW 8, this just worked. Not so much in newewst version

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Canot preview DW pages

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try and preview the page, I get ...

>> You tried to access an external HTML page, which can not be opened on the device for preview. Open the page in Dreamweaver to preview the page on the device. <<

The page IS open in Dreamweaver on my local computer, but it is not connected to the server

In DW 8, this just worked. Not so much in newewst version

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right click on open HTML document tab and select Open in Browser.  This avoids Real-Time Preview.

You can also change Real-Time Preview to static browser preview from your Preferences.

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you working from within a Defined Site, or just trying to open a random html file with Real Time Preview?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same thing.  In  Dreamweaver CC 2020, go to edit/preferences/real-time preview and check the box for "preview using temporary file".

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
sac-jp LATEST
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, after I made the above change and then changed it back to the way it was; the live preview started working again.  Not sure if this somehow reset something.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Learn Resources
Add a group