Highlighted

CC high CPU usage

Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have C5 and installed Dreamweaver CC trial. Right away I see my CPUs running 50%+.  After some investigation I found Adobe background apps running. I forced shutdown and the usage dropped. I see this problem on the web goes back a few years.  My question is since I will not use the CC can I remove / disable CC and just use Dreamweaver? Right now I have CC blocked and DW still runs OK. Will it continue if I suscribe??  Thanks for the help.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Nancy OShea | Adobe Community Professional

After re-reading your question, I realize you want to uninstall CC Desktop App only and keep using DW 2020.  Unfortunately, CC Desktop App is essential for using Creative Cloud services and apps.  You can turn it off and disable auto start-up on log-in from your CC Desktop App preferences (gear icon). But you should not uninstall it if you plan to keep using Creative Cloud apps.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

CC high CPU usage

Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have C5 and installed Dreamweaver CC trial. Right away I see my CPUs running 50%+.  After some investigation I found Adobe background apps running. I forced shutdown and the usage dropped. I see this problem on the web goes back a few years.  My question is since I will not use the CC can I remove / disable CC and just use Dreamweaver? Right now I have CC blocked and DW still runs OK. Will it continue if I suscribe??  Thanks for the help.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Nancy OShea | Adobe Community Professional

After re-reading your question, I realize you want to uninstall CC Desktop App only and keep using DW 2020.  Unfortunately, CC Desktop App is essential for using Creative Cloud services and apps.  You can turn it off and disable auto start-up on log-in from your CC Desktop App preferences (gear icon). But you should not uninstall it if you plan to keep using Creative Cloud apps.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 19, 2019 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure you can uninstall.  Just be sure to cancel your trial before it converts to a paid plan. And run the Adobe CC Cleaner tool below to remove residual files.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 19, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 19, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I found that out, thank you.  I have to login to CC when starting DW and my CPU usage jumps while using it. Having CC run rampant on my PCs is not something I will allow.   I find posts about this going back years.  I do not understand why nothing has been done about it.  No DW CC for me.  Thanks for the responses.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 19, 2019 1