• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC2018 freezes for one specific page in site - when going into Design/Code view

Participant ,
Oct 28, 2018 Oct 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been working on a specific site for a few days, all has been good.

Last night, i made a copy of a file for a new page, and at some point, DW froze and i needed to shut it down via the Task Manager.

Since then, i have not been able to view this file in split Design/Code view - DW keeps freezing ("Not responding") and i need to shut it down.

editing and viewing other files in the same site is fine! Even other files using the same template!

The file isnt even that big - 143 lines, with a few include files... and as i mentioned - similar pages (even larger ones) load fine in Splt Design/Code view.

DW does not crash - it just freeze in that "Not Responding" mode.  Using Windows 10.

This is what i have tried doing:

1) recreate site cache

2) delete the .dat cache

3) delete the configuration folder

4) open the file in CC 2015 (also freezes)

5) make a copy of the file in a different folder  - also froze when trying to open it.

6) even restarted my PC at some point....

What else can be done? I really need to work on this file!

Thanks for your suggestions.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Open the file with some other text editor like Notepad or Simpletext so you can copy the code, then run the code through the validator at http://validator.w3.org/nu repair any reported errors from within the text editor.

Once everything comes back fine in the validator, open DW and paste the code into a new blank document, then save the new file over the original and see if that clears the corruption for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for reporting.

1)Could you please share the file with which you are seeing Dreamweaver freezing issue at kragarwaATadobeDOTcom

so that we can recreate the issue at our end.

2) What is the OS you are working on

3) What is the Dreamweaver version, can you update to latest version 19.0 and see if the issue is ocurring

Thanks

Kratika

Dreamweaver Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Kratika.  Not sure how to send you the files, as my zip file was evidently stripped from your email, and a download like from wetransfer.com was also blocked.

Please advise?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest uploading your file to a shared location such as CC or Dropbox and sharing the URL with Kratika. Let me know if you need further assistance.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Open the file with some other text editor like Notepad or Simpletext so you can copy the code, then run the code through the validator at http://validator.w3.org/nu repair any reported errors from within the text editor.

Once everything comes back fine in the validator, open DW and paste the code into a new blank document, then save the new file over the original and see if that clears the corruption for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like your file is corrupted and/or contains critical code errors. 

Did you switch to View > Live Code and validate the live document?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines