• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CCLibrary - figure element (Dreamweaver 19.0.0.1193, Mac OS 10.13.6)

New Here ,
Feb 02, 2019 Feb 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Being new to Dreamweaver, I went through and more or less completed the adobe Dreamweaver tutorial -"Websites in Dreamweaver erstellen" -, everything went fine, apart from loading images from the CC library into the figure element.

In the live view a frame corresponding to the image size is opened showing the little cloud in the lower right corner  and the adobe loading squares flickering, but it never places anything into the images folder of the site or loaded the image in live view.    

Neither the method using the right mouse button click on the image in the CC library dialog box nor the drag and drop method worked.

In order to get through the tutorial I got around this problem by manually placing the images myself into the images folder, but obviously I need to know why it is not working the way it is described in the tutorial, so far I have spend a day reading manuals and trying out lots of different ideas but with no success.

All suggestions/solutions appreciated  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 04, 2019 Feb 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try a couple of things for us?

- Download a regular or trial version of InDesign or Illustrator from Creative Cloud desktop application, and see if you are able to reproduce the issue from those apps.

- If Dreamweaver is the only software with which you are having this issue, try restoring preferences using this article Unusual behavior in Dreamweaver? Try restoring preferences.

Let us know how it went.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2019 Feb 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank's for the answer.

1)_I tried all "images implementing" procedures using CClibrary with Illustrator and InDesign and no problem what so ever occured.

2)_ I restored the preferences of Dreamweaver according to the articleas  you suggested

3)_eureka_ ...something worked.

Dreamweaver now allows loading an image in the original size and ext (from CClibrary) into the figure element showing it in live view and also saves the image in the images folder, as long as I don't change either size or extension in the second pop-up window. The second window being the one which shows me the images size and the src.

(I tried all combinations with several images from different CClibraries)

So progress with importing images but unfortunately the scaling and extension problem remains. Any ideas?

4) I tried starting at 2) everything also after a complet reset.

Also I cannot shut dowm Dreamweaver properly. Either Dreamweaver crashes during the loading process or I have to use the shut down immediately function at the end. 

Thanks for the help so far,

CJ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 08, 2019 Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear that you were able to sort out some of the issues that you were facing.

About the rest, do you have a subscription to Dreamweaver CC? If so, I can check with a support person to get in touch with you for investigation.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I've been a subscriber to  Adobe's creative cloud (all applications) for a few years  now, registered here in Germany. All help would be much appreciated.

Thanks again Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the info. Can you try reaching out to us directly using this link Contact Customer Care

Feel free to let me know if you need more assistance.

EDIT: Do let the representative know of all the troubleshooting you have done so far so that you don't end up repeating them.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to bother you again, but I cannot ring up the US number it is not supported from here and the chat is currently not available. Could you please send me the times when the chatline is open.

Thanks,

CJS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The chat option usually becomes available as soon as there is a representative available to answer your question. From what I see, it is beyond the working hours in your country, which is why the option is probably not available.

I request you to try on Monday after 9AM and let me know if you are still facing this issue. Will do my best to help.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines