• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing Dropdown Menu

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm wanting to add a button on my sites dropdown menu. I was just replacing one of the links with a new one. The change will appear on the homepage where I made the change but will not show on any of the others pages of the site. How can I get this change to appear on every page of the website?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Fireworks menus were horrible 13 years ago and less than useless today.  You're using woefully outdated code and methods that can't possibly work on modern mobile & tablet devices.  CS3 is dead & gone for a reason.   I urge to replace your menus and re-build your site responsively.  Anything less will be unacceptable to modern web users.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From what you are describing you might not be using templates/includes to place your menu on your pages.  Would you be able to share a link to your page or the code for us to confirm?

If that is the case, then unfortunately you are going to have to update every single page that has the menu.  In this instance, I would recommend you look into the use of templates or includes.  The exact method will depend on the server technology you are using for your site.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dreamweaver Templates:

Open your main template.dwt file.  Edit your menu.  Save changes.  Populate changes to HTML files. Upload every HTML file to your remote server.

Dreamweaver Library Items:

Open the Library Item.  Edit menu.  Save changes and populate to HTML files. Upload every HTML file to your remote server.

Server-Side Includes with PHP:

Open the navigation include file.  Edit menu.  Save changes.  Upload navigation include file to server. Done.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still struggling with this, I've changed our attached nav bars but still doesn't seem to update on the website. I've tried changing "Moodle" to "Schoology" in our nav bar but the change still doesn't appear in the site. Suggestions?Site2.pngSite2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To parse Server-Side Includes, your parent documents must be saved with the appropriate server-side script extension like .php, .aspx, .cf or .shtml.  And your server must support that scripting language.

This is an example of a server-side include with PHP script and file type.

PHP IncludePHP Include

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This Nav bar was made using Adobe Fireworks CS3. Am I now unable to update it with Fireworks? I know fireworks is outdated but just asking. I just tried to make a change with Fireworks and I can see the change when I open my navigation_bar.htm file but when using Dreamweaver CS3 I go to Insert > Image Objects > Fireworks HTML the change does not show. Help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Fireworks menus were horrible 13 years ago and less than useless today.  You're using woefully outdated code and methods that can't possibly work on modern mobile & tablet devices.  CS3 is dead & gone for a reason.   I urge to replace your menus and re-build your site responsively.  Anything less will be unacceptable to modern web users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines