Highlighted

Changing Template Fonts

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I'm a student in High School. I am creating a website for a company, and I like the font on the template, but It just doesn't fit the company. I have been trying to change it using a google font. I cannot get the navigation text to change, all I can change is the button text on the homepage. Whenever I go into the CSS rule for the Navigation text and change the font-family: it changes the text to the default serif font. Does anyone know why this is happening??

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Nancy OShea | Adobe Community Professional

Do you have a domain name and web hosting account?  You should have at least temporary web hosting for testing and debugging.  Some things don't work locally.  They have to be hosted on a server.

When you get hosting, your provider will e-mail you the FTP log-in details.

1. Go to Site > Manage Sites and enter your server's log-in details as shown below.  CC-RootFolder.jpg
  2. Hit the TEST button to confirm it works.
  3. Once your site is set-up, you can upload local files to your remote server by pressing the UP arrow in your Files Panel (F8).

TOPICS
Dreamweaver | Mac OS issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Changing Template Fonts

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I'm a student in High School. I am creating a website for a company, and I like the font on the template, but It just doesn't fit the company. I have been trying to change it using a google font. I cannot get the navigation text to change, all I can change is the button text on the homepage. Whenever I go into the CSS rule for the Navigation text and change the font-family: it changes the text to the default serif font. Does anyone know why this is happening??

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Nancy OShea | Adobe Community Professional

Do you have a domain name and web hosting account?  You should have at least temporary web hosting for testing and debugging.  Some things don't work locally.  They have to be hosted on a server.

1. Go to Site > Manage Sites and enter your server's log-in details as shown below.  CC-RootFolder.jpg
  3. Once your site is set-up, you can upload local files to your remote server by pressing the UP arrow in your Files Panel (F8).

TOPICS
Dreamweaver | Mac OS issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 21, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you attached the Google font to the page correctly?

What are you using when you see the serif font (design View, Live View, Real Time Preview, Open in Browser, etc)?

Could you upload your work in progress to a test location on a server you control and post a link to it here so we can see what's happening in our browsers? Once the issue is found, you can delete the test location from your server.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 21, 2018 1
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have attached the google font correctly because it works on the button font but for some reason, I am unable to change the Navigation font.

I am using whatever the split view in Dreamweaver is and I have tried viewing in the browser also.

I am not really sure what you mean by that or how to go about doing that, but if you are able to explain how to do that I would be open to doing that.

Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 24, 2018 0
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have attached the google font correctly because it works on the button font but for some reason, I am unable to change the Navigation font.

I am using whatever the split view in Dreamweaver is and I have tried viewing in the browser also.

I am not really sure what you mean by that or how to go about doing that, but if you are able to explain how to do that I would be open to doing that.

Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 24, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 25, 2018 0