• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Check in/out disabled or enabled—I keep getting prompts when working on PHP files.

Enthusiast ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running Mac OS 10.15.7, Dreamweaver 20.2,  and using MAMP PRO 5.7 to running my testing server with PHP 7.1.32

I'm getting "John is currently working on /somefile"..."Please enable Check in/Check out"...upload anyway?" messages whenever I want to edit a PHP file.

They appear regardless of whether I enable or disable file check in. 

I'm the only one who works on my site, so I'd like to dispense with these messages, dHow do I do that?

Thanks,

TOPICS
How to , Interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

If it was selected at some point, it was also likely used at that time, and if done incorrectly could be causing problems still. 

DW makes hidden file with a .lck extension for any file that has been checked out. If whateverpage.lck exists in the site, it will need to be deleted in order to open whateverpage.html from a different user account. That's usually done by the program, silently in the background, when someone checks a file back in. If, for some reason, it wasn't checked back in by the s

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To turn off the Check In/Out feature...

1. Go to Site > Manage Sites
2. Click the site you are working on to highlight it
3. Click the Edit button (pencil icon) 
4. Click the Servers side bar heading
5. Choose your server and click the Edit button (pencil icon)
6. Click the Advanced tab
7. Uncheck "Enable file check-out"
8. Hit Save to close the servers prompt
9. hit Save again to close the Site Setup prompt
10. hit Done to cloce the Manage Sites prompt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Jon.

I've followed those steps—in fact the"Enable file check out" has been deselected for both the remote and testing servers for some time—at least a year.

Today I selected it, and deselected it again, just to be sure, without success. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Old check-in/out data is probably stuck in your NOTES folders.

It might be prudent to do a clean install after wiping old files from your system with the Adobe Cleaner Tool.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it was selected at some point, it was also likely used at that time, and if done incorrectly could be causing problems still. 

DW makes hidden file with a .lck extension for any file that has been checked out. If whateverpage.lck exists in the site, it will need to be deleted in order to open whateverpage.html from a different user account. That's usually done by the program, silently in the background, when someone checks a file back in. If, for some reason, it wasn't checked back in by the same user, the file may still exist.

Turn on your operating system's hidden files, then go take a look in any of the folders used by the site that someone could have checked out a file from. Delete any .lck files you find. That should bring it back for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much, Jon. I thought I had deleted those .lck files already, but after doing a system wide search, I found over 3,000 of them. Now things seem to be back to normal....and thinks seem to be zippier as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines