• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Child page form template errors

Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I first created a html page that I liked and then made a .dwt template from it to create other pages on site
However I keep getting the following errors -see screenshots attached
when i create child pages from template it says l am making change requires changing code that is locked - etc ...

Further the template page I created adds a second bootstrap reference to code in the head
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="../bootstrap/3/css/bootstrap.min.css" />
even if I delete it it keeps adding it back in - this causes my css to get overridden....
Here is my code on the .dwt file

error1.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Problem Fixed. On further investigation we found that the following was our problem. Resolv

As for your issue - there are two problems on your template:
​1. You have jquery includes in a non-ediatble region in the page head tags, please move them in an editable area named "head" inside the head tags as otherwise, when DW checks these files and they are not editable you get these errors.
​2. You have not turned off the "automatic file update" option in Bootstrap 3 options: Tools > Commands Bootstr

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This message is often a red herring.  It usually means "oops, I have found an error on your page".  It may actually have NOTHING to do with editable or non-editable regions, and may in fact even refer to a CSS error rather than an HTML error.

The first stop is the validator - does this page validate?

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did run validator and fixed a few obvious errors but a few left over - will try and fix them all and see if that clears it --- thanks for your reply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Problem Fixed. On further investigation we found that the following was our problem. Resolv

As for your issue - there are two problems on your template:
​1. You have jquery includes in a non-ediatble region in the page head tags, please move them in an editable area named "head" inside the head tags as otherwise, when DW checks these files and they are not editable you get these errors.
​2. You have not turned off the "automatic file update" option in Bootstrap 3 options: Tools > Commands Bootstrap 3 Options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines