Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Child Pages not updating from Template

Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All, 

I am trying to make a change to my site from the template page, and for some reason it isn't updating any of the child pages that are linked to it. It seems to allow me the option to update other templates I have in the site Template file (my backups), but won't allow access to the child pages in the site. Hope that makes sense.

I have tried 'Recreating the Site Cache' and saving the file again in case it somehow became corrupt. Could this be related to the recent Dreamweaver update that came from Adobe? I haven't changed any of my settings and normally it works very smoothly. Any suggesitons are greatly appreciated! Kindly, Debra

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

I am assuming that you are referring to the Covid-19 message.

In the Template, you have placed this in an editable region.

BenPleysier_0-1593584481466.png

Templated content should always be placed outside of editable regions. To fix your problem, move the message to above line 93

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please give us a link to the remote site. That way we may be able to replicate the problem and come up with a solution.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ben, 

Sorry about that. My site is: www.coreharmony.com.  I downloaded the code from the template page and am attaching it. If it is helpful to see the code from one of the child pages, too, let me know and I will post it as well.

Thank you for trying to help!! 

Kindly, Debra

template page code.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Checking the source code of the page that you are showing the link to, I see an irregularity as in

BenPleysier_0-1593567858761.png

Dreamweaver gets upset when the code does not follow the guidelines. Remove the code highlighted in red, making sure that the doctype starts on the first line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ben, 

That was definitely my error. It was at the top of a few pages, but not all of them. I removed it on all of them, but none of the child pages are updating from the template. Could it be something else?

Kindly, Debra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am assuming that you are referring to the Covid-19 message.

In the Template, you have placed this in an editable region.

BenPleysier_0-1593584481466.png

Templated content should always be placed outside of editable regions. To fix your problem, move the message to above line 93

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ben, 

Yes, the COVID-19 message. I am sure that is it! I don't know what I was thinking when I thought I could put it there. 

I will try moving it later today and give you an update when it works. I am sure this is the issue.

Thank you VERY much!

Kindly, Debra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ben, 

That was it! I feel so badly that I forgot that. I update my templates so rarely. It would have taken me days to figure that out on my own - thank you again. Please reach out if I can return the favor and offer you any help in the health & wellness arena.

Stay healthy & cool this summer.

Kindly, Debra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Debra,

Thank you for your feedback and great that you found a solution. I have been there and done that which puts me in a great position to help others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Ben, 

Thank you for being so kind. It is always humbling to realize how simple things are once you have the answer! I appreciate your help, time and wisdom in figuring this out. 

All the best, Debra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines