• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Code auto select options

Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2018 Jul 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for looking at this post.  Sometimes when I high light certain pieces of code (images ect.).  DW will briefly underline that code and put a line under the code of similar items.  It seems like Dreamweaver is allowing me to make changes to all those items at the same time.  Just hitting the delete key does not delete all; which is a good thing most of the time.  After researching the issue, I'm still wondering if there is a combination of keys that would allow editing all those underlined items similar to how Emett works.  I use Emett when items are sequentially stacked one after another with shift alt keys.  However, These underlines I see DW place on like items are not all ways stacked so I believe Emett would not work .  I have concluded that DW is just pointing there are similar items.  I just want to double check with the experts for direction on this.  Your support is appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 20, 2018 Jul 20, 2018

Yes, there are several ways to modify repeated code, or create multiple insertion points in Code View in CC 2017+...

You can hold Control to highlight, and then edit, multiple lines as described here: New features summary for the 2017 releases of Dreamweaver CC

You can also highlight a bit of code, then right click the underlined text and choose "Find all and select" (Ctrl + Alt + F3) and type replacement code.

Holding Alt + Ctrl and clicking in multiple locations will create multiple insertion po

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 20, 2018 Jul 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, there are several ways to modify repeated code, or create multiple insertion points in Code View in CC 2017+...

You can hold Control to highlight, and then edit, multiple lines as described here: New features summary for the 2017 releases of Dreamweaver CC

You can also highlight a bit of code, then right click the underlined text and choose "Find all and select" (Ctrl + Alt + F3) and type replacement code.

Holding Alt + Ctrl and clicking in multiple locations will create multiple insertion points that all receive the same code you type.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines