Highlighted

Code changes in PHP files without edits

Explorer ,
Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Within many of my php webpage files,  the code (this is one example) has changed from <form action="../mailer.php" method="POST" enctype="multipart/form-data" autocomplete="off" to <form action="file:///Macintosh HD/Users/user_name/Desktop/Imagine/mailer.php" method="POST" enctype="multipart/form-data" autocomplete="off" (note: the user_name is my system User Name)

I have not modified the files to alter this, it just happens.

Any thoughts as to why this is occurring and what I can do to ensure it does not reoccur inthe future?

TOPICS
Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Code changes in PHP files without edits

Explorer ,
Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Within many of my php webpage files,  the code (this is one example) has changed from <form action="../mailer.php" method="POST" enctype="multipart/form-data" autocomplete="off" to <form action="file:///Macintosh HD/Users/user_name/Desktop/Imagine/mailer.php" method="POST" enctype="multipart/form-data" autocomplete="off" (note: the user_name is my system User Name)

I have not modified the files to alter this, it just happens.

Any thoughts as to why this is occurring and what I can do to ensure it does not reoccur inthe future?

TOPICS
Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 19, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a Site Definition chosen in your Files Window?

DW doesn't know how to handle links on pages not saved within a Defined Site, so will use an absolute path to the location of the file on your HD.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 19, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response.  Being new to Dreamwaever, I'm not always certian I understand some of the terms used.

If you are referring to the folder where y files are stored,when I view the list (right panel)  and within Manage Site, then Yes.  

Otherwise, can you explain how I can find what you are askng for?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 19, 2020 0
Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, OK.

Step 1 with DW is to create a Site Defintion. It's a simple first step that allows the program to do a lot of automated tasks for you, especially regarding site maintenence. Even if you're not planning to upload, or working on html emails, DW still wants a Site Defintion to work with...

https://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/how-to/define-a-dreamweaver-site.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 19, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks... this was done when I began the project.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 19, 2020 0
Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure your Site Definition is selected in your Files Window, and that you are saving your files (images, pages and includes) within the Site Definition's root directory. If you're seeing this on a new, unsaved file, the path will remain absolute until the file is saved within the site's root folder...

If the Files Window isn't open, hit F8 or go to Window > Files

In the dropdown menu at the top of the Files Window, select your Defined Site's name
    --make sure you select the site name and that you're not accidentally browsing to the site via the Macintosh HD folder here
Save your work to the Defined Site and it will appear on the list of files

If the path is still absolute at this point, you may need to go in and manually change it back, but DW should automatically truncate the absolute paths to Document Relative links when saved to the site.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 19, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I follow these steps.  I will keep a close eye on new files and see if it occurs in the future.  If so, I will update tis post.

Thanks for the guidence.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 26, 2020 0
Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Save often with Ctrl / Cmd + S.

When assets are added to an unsaved file, you will see things like this until the file is saved.  See screenshots below

Image inserted into an unsaved file:

Unsaved fileUnsaved file

After saving, path resolves to document or site root relative depending on which you chose in site settings.

image.png

Site > Manage Sites >

image.png

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 26, 2020 0