• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Code development help needed with a one page file.

Contributor ,
May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In the past I have created websites with multiple pages. Development was not too complex because anyone page never got two large.

Now, I am attempting to work with a single page. Of course, this means that these single pages getting very large.

Question: I am interested in any development tips of how to navigate around the page during development. For example, using the code disclosure triangles that can collapse or expand code can be a big help. But I'm curious how you can find sections of code that you might need to work on when the file gets very large?

I'm interested in any tips to help with navigation with large files.

Thanks

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

I would think DW has a Dom inspector panel which would allow you to jump around the page by selecting a section of code and being taken to the selection. Its the one thing that a good visual editor does best, allows you to see visually where you are in design view, then switch to code view and be at that position. Editors without a design view can be a PITA to work with in terms of locating the code you need to get to fast.

Edited:

DW does have a Dom inspector panel. This tutorial may help:

Adobe Dreamweaver CC DOM Panel - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look at this tutorial to get an idea Bootstrap Layouts: Responsive Single-Page Design - Welcome

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Ben - That course looks good - I think  Ray Villalobos is a great instructor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would think DW has a Dom inspector panel which would allow you to jump around the page by selecting a section of code and being taken to the selection. Its the one thing that a good visual editor does best, allows you to see visually where you are in design view, then switch to code view and be at that position. Editors without a design view can be a PITA to work with in terms of locating the code you need to get to fast.

Edited:

DW does have a Dom inspector panel. This tutorial may help:

Adobe Dreamweaver CC DOM Panel - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi osgood - Thanks for the help - Yes that video is a good start. Then I realized that the DOM inspector is super helpful for what I need when I add   sections &  ID's to the code (like <section id="this section">).

Then it shows a great list of everything and one click will jump right to the code!

THAT IS SUPER HELPFUL - THANKS AGAIN!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines