• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Code View Customization in DW 19

Participant ,
Jun 04, 2019 Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doe anyone else have problems with the code view colors?  I'm having problems reading large swaths of code when everything is monochromatic.  There are very few options and from the user guide you have to go into a main.less file which is far too complicated.

I've been using DW 2015 because of smoother workflow.  DW 19 has too many problems.

Does anyone have a better system for customizing the code view?

Thanks in advance.

Rick

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 04, 2019 Jun 04, 2019

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hve a look at Learn how you can customize the colors of your code elements in Dreamweaver.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, there's no easier way.

Adobe simply hasn't re-integrated Code Coloring back into the Preferences interface. Whether they plan to do that at some point in the future is anybody's guess. CC 2015 was the last version we could change from there, ever since, we've had to modify program files instead of choosing colors for a list of categories.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know why my updated code colors aren't showing in th html and css I'm editing? The syntax is correct. I checked multiple times and it just doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using the latest version of Dreamweaver, have a look at the correct answer. If you still cannot get the changes to show, start a new discussion with details of what you have done. That way we may be able to replicate the problem and help you further.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Save your theme's LESS file.

Go back to Preferences and apply the new theme.

Restart DW.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines