• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Code view scroll bar buttons

Participant ,
Apr 15, 2017 Apr 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am I the only one who doesn't actually have "up" and "down" buttons and the top and bottom of their scroll bar in the DW 2017 code view. I find myself using the slider and scrolling so fast I lose my code.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 15, 2017 Apr 15, 2017

I don't know where they would fit buttons.   The workspace is kind of tight as it is.

The scrollbars work well for me on Win10.

I often work in Code-Code,  Split Vertically  so I can readily jump to different places in the document.   And I turn off Live View because it slows me down.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use keyboard arrows,  PgUp & PgDn.   Unless there is something wrong with your computer, keyboard direction keys should work.

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Nancy. That's what I do. Problem is when I've already got my hand on the mouse and use it to click on an element in the live/design pane, DW automatically selects the code (or text) in code view and defaults to the bottom of the code window. If I press the up or down arrow key, I'm still in the live/design view, not code view. So clicking on code view changes the focus of what's selected. Rinse. Repeat.

I may sound whiny, but would standard up and down buttons be appropriate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know where they would fit buttons.   The workspace is kind of tight as it is.

The scrollbars work well for me on Win10.

I often work in Code-Code,  Split Vertically  so I can readily jump to different places in the document.   And I turn off Live View because it slows me down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't know where they would fit?  Right where the current unusable scrollbars are!   Below is how it should look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wondering why this has not been addressed - the little up and down arrows on the to and bottom of the scroll bar are in place in design view but not code view.  Please fix this problem.  It is very inconvenient with working with code and using the mouse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scroll arrows are unnecessary for code panel when Word Wrap is enabled.  View > Code View Options > Word Wrap.  The vertical scrollbar and keyboard arrow keys are all I  need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use:

junk.jpg

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Nancy, I just noticed this on my "live" view side of DW... Those little up and down arrows don't seem to take up much room...lol. I'm just a wishful kind of guy.

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 09, 2017 May 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. Use DreamWeaver code view daily, and I'm missing the "doghouses" that scroll up and down (and right/left when necessary). I don't have a scroll wheel on my mouse. Holding the thumb (that's the scrolling marker that runs up and down the scrollbar) is not accurate enough. It often pages up or pages down -- especially in long code sequences. Using the dog houses, I used to be able to reveal a line at a time. Please Adobe -- If you have the scrollbar, you have room for an arrow at the top and an arrow at the bottom -- and it's going to make life much more pleasant. Thanks.

-Jeff Walden

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree.

Have exactly the same issue, impossible working without that scroll up and down!

Very well explained by Nedlaw, 100% agree, current scroll is not accurate:

"Holding the thumb (that's the scrolling marker that runs up and down the scrollbar) is not accurate enough. It often pages up or pages down -- especially in long code sequences."

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please log this as feature request at below link, we will prioritize accordingly.

Adobe Dreamweaver: Ideas: Hot (1482 ideas) – Adobe Dreamweaver CC: Feature Ideas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2017 Jul 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi lnayal,

Thanks for your input, did not know about "Adobe Dreamweaver: Ideas"

Had a look and have seen there was already an open request about:

Up and Down Arrows for Scrolling – Adobe Dreamweaver CC: Feature Ideas

As been said: Who in their right mind removed them in the first place?

Cannot believe nobody at Adobe takes care of this issue.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 22, 2017 Jul 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guil85,

Its not like nobody is looking at this issue, we just pick issue which has highest number of votes from users.

Meanwhile you can vote for this idea and ask others to vote so that this can be prioritized.

Thanks,

Lalita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi lnayal,

Please, let me say that such a issue does require a bit more attention.

Do we image - nowadays -  a car without tires ?

How can we use a scroll bar being so small and not having "up" and "down" buttons ?

Impossible to be accurate !

Yesterday I had my arm suffering from trying to compare 2 pages code.

Not accurate, a big effort to get to the right place in the code! Impossible working that way, sad!

You know, I had to use another web editor in order to finish my work yesterday !

Highest number of votes is (should) not be the definitive approach, IMHO.

How many customers do not vote and just stop use this product and/or switch to another brand?

I believe you might look at each issue, not only/just trusting on votes.

Just my opinion

Thank you

Greetings!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guil85  wrote

Highest number of votes is (should) not be the definitive approach, IMHO.

Hi,

We have discused this and items such as how new features should be decided on, a number of times in this forum, and no one has yet thought of a method that does not rely on user participation, or feedback from user groups which could be a large group who have never actually worked in web development, to an individual with 20 years experiance, all whos opinions as individuals carries the same weight.

The main problem is, that what one user considers wrong another user will consider an excellent feature. If anyone can think of a better method for deciding what should be changed, and what new features should be included everyone would like to know it.

This is no critisism of yourself, as we all agree the system is far from ideal, and possibly open to abuse, (nothing to stop you getting everyone you know to vote, Dw user or not) but !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

People have been asking for this feature (to be restored, not added) for YEARS. Is it really that hard? What's the downside? PLEASE PUT IT BACK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines