Highlighted

Coding Error Help [was Dreamweaver help]

New Here ,
Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm new to Dreamweaver and trying to get this mysterious vertical line out of our webpage. Any idea the code I need to remove for this? Thanks

Kyle5e88_1-1598026524414.png

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Nancy OShea | Adobe Community Professional

Answers to problems like this are contained in your code.

Without a URL to look at, I'm guessing it's caused by a background image that's repeating on the page vertically and horizontally.  Hence the white line.  Replacing the background image with a solid color like #000 for example should work. 

body {

background: #000;

}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Coding Error Help [was Dreamweaver help]

New Here ,
Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm new to Dreamweaver and trying to get this mysterious vertical line out of our webpage. Any idea the code I need to remove for this? Thanks

Kyle5e88_1-1598026524414.png

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Nancy OShea | Adobe Community Professional

Without a URL to look at, I'm guessing it's caused by a background image that's repeating on the page vertically and horizontally.  Hence the white line.  Replacing the background image with a solid color like #000 for example should work. 

body {

}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 21, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like a "background" or "background-image" in your .css file or the html of the page.

It's hard to say without being able to get to the actual code of the site.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 21, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

body {

}

Nancy O'Shea, ACP

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 21, 2020 0