• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Compare With Remote is missing

Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suddenly I can't compare or sync local files with the remote server on one of my sites. Instead, it syncs/compares with the Testing server. I can still put or pull to/from the remote, just not sync or compare.

My other sites, using the same remote server, work as expected so it is probably a setting that went wrong but I can't find it. The server is set as FTP and Remote. The connection tests fine. I have tried deleting, then adding the Remote server again. If I delete the Testing server so there is just the Remote server, I have no sync/compare option. 

Does anyone have a clue??

TOPICS
Other , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Click on Expanded in the Files Panel and make sure the REMOTE SERVER is connected.  See screenshot.  

Expanded Files PanelExpanded Files Panel

To keep things simple,  my local site folder resides in my local Testing Server.  That way, I have nothing to push.  Saving files automatically saves them to the testing server.  Ctrl+Shift+U uploads files to remote server.   It's one less thing to think about.

CC-testingServer1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on Expanded in the Files Panel and make sure the REMOTE SERVER is connected.  See screenshot.  

Expanded Files PanelExpanded Files Panel

To keep things simple,  my local site folder resides in my local Testing Server.  That way, I have nothing to push.  Saving files automatically saves them to the testing server.  Ctrl+Shift+U uploads files to remote server.   It's one less thing to think about.

CC-testingServer1.jpg

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That was it! Can't imagine how it got switched from remote to testing server but everything is okey-dokey now.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines