Highlighted

Connections do not disply in recordset creation box

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both Dreamweaver CS6 and Dreamweaver CC

When I try to create a recordset in the Bindings Panel, no connections display in the dropdown connection box.

There are several connections files in the connections folder.

Those connections work fine for php files that I have embedded in my Joomla-based site.

I just recently transferred my site to a new linux-based host.

I can connect and transfer files, etc., in Dreamweaver, but dynamic connections don't work.

Any suggestions?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Nancy OShea | Adobe Community Professional

pabirds  wrote

I am using PHP 7.

DO NOT USE the old server behavior panels.  They were removed from DW for a reason.  The code is outdated, not secure and incompatible with PHP7.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Connections do not disply in recordset creation box

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both Dreamweaver CS6 and Dreamweaver CC

When I try to create a recordset in the Bindings Panel, no connections display in the dropdown connection box.

There are several connections files in the connections folder.

Those connections work fine for php files that I have embedded in my Joomla-based site.

I just recently transferred my site to a new linux-based host.

I can connect and transfer files, etc., in Dreamweaver, but dynamic connections don't work.

Any suggestions?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Nancy OShea | Adobe Community Professional

pabirds  wrote

I am using PHP 7.

DO NOT USE the old server behavior panels.  They were removed from DW for a reason.  The code is outdated, not secure and incompatible with PHP7.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 03, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From your narrative, I make the assumption that you are using Dreamweaver on a remote server. If that is the case, did you change the Site Setup when you moved to the new server? Does this new server run the same version of PHP as the old one?

Please keep in mind that PHP 7 will not work with the depricated Server Behaviors panels and that the SB panels will not work on Dreamweaver after version CC2015 no matter which version of PHP is used.

Ben

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 03, 2018 0
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using PHP 7.

If the CS6 doesn't work, how do I create a connection and recordset in the new DreamweaverCC?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 04, 2018 0
Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are four ways to do that, namely

Ben

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 04, 2018 1
Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pabirds  wrote

I am using PHP 7.

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 04, 2018 0